Engineers on the business applications team at Articulate work on complex full stack web-based applications, services, and API. Projects encompass the full e-commerce life-cycle and support customer self-service, license, team and trial management, analytics, customer support, billing and accounting.
The ideal person for this job is a multi-talented Full-Stack Software Engineer comfortable working across and integrating a variety
of internal and external platforms. This person takes ownership of their work, learns what is necessary to solve problems and
collaborates across teams to implement quality solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and extend APIs across multiple frameworks and platforms including Node.js, Ruby on Rails, and Amazon Web Services.
- Contribute to our codebases and help ensure that our coding standards and patterns are observed by participating in design discussions, testing and code reviews.
- Assist support and operations teams in triaging and resolving production issues, including participating in on-call rotation.
What you should have:
- Experience integrating with a variety of third-party API including AWS, Salesforce, Stripe, and Marketo.
- Experience designing and writing unit and functional tests using RSpec, Chai, Mocha, or similar testing frameworks.
- Experience thinking, planning, and executing autonomously and as part of a remote team of technical and non-technical collaborators and stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship or work experience.
You’re the ideal candidate if:
- Autonomy and ownership. We hire motivated, professional developers and expect them to proactively solve problems and implement quality results. You’ll have as much support as you need but you’ll ultimately be responsible for managing your time and development process and for moving your projects forward to completion.
- Learning and growth. Our team works across a wide variety of applications and technologies with more on the horizon.
- What you’re working with today may not be part of our process in a year and you’re eager to expand your competencies as our stakeholder needs evolve and grow.
- Work with a motivated, talented, and supportive team of project managers, developers, and quality assurance engineers.
- You get equal satisfaction helping your teammates succeed as you do from your individual contributions.
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius. And Rise—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 106,000 customers in 161 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 and a leader in building a human-centered organization, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here.
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.