Staff / Sr. Staff Front End Software Engineer – Remote or in Office (UT, PA, CA)
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- Helping the Front End team design, develop, and maintain scalable, reusable code.
- The power to continuously ship and learn from experiments and features.
- Full ownership for each of our customer’s experiences helping them strive for excellence in building, leveraging, and protecting their businesses.
- Supporting, teaching and mentoring the Front End team with relentless kindness. And an environment where you are encouraged as a leader to learn from your team.
- Contribute to discussions on a diverse set of topics relating to the business and engineering team.
- Jumping right into Nav’s agile/scrum process.
- An environment where you can ask for help to avoid rabbit holes.
- Maintain and integrate with existing applications by fixing defects.
- Collaborate with peers on designs, code reviews, and testing.
- Produce unit and end-to-end tests to improve code quality and maximize code coverage for new and existing features.
- Adhere to current documentation standards and produce necessary documentation for training and compliance.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 6+ years of industry experience in Software Engineering.
- Must have extensive experience building large front end applications using React/Redux and Apollo Client.
- Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices and considerations.
- Experience working in Agile teams and iterating to build sustainable and iterative solutions.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Strong grasp of programming patterns and concepts.
- Bonus points: Experience with GraphQL, worked with, and know-how to facilitate communication, in a location distributed team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Relentless problem solver
- Opensource? – send us links what you apply
- You’re an effective leader with the ability to grow, mentor and challenge a team to do their best work every day.
- You’re known for crossing the boundaries of your function to meet company goals.
- You care about the people you work with but challenge them directly when necessary.
- You are comfortable delivering feedback and coaching up, down and to the side
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically.
To put it simply we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL:
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities.
A NAVERICK’S DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.