Tackle enables software companies to accelerate and operationalize the use of Cloud Marketplaces from AWS, Microsoft, Google Cloud, and Red Hat, without the need for significant engineering resources. Our platform and our team come together to make it easier for our customers to build, grow, and scale their Marketplace businesses. Tackle works with leading software companies like Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from startups to enterprise. We recently raised a $100M Series C round and are backed by three of the world’s top SaaS investors—Coatue, a16z, and Bessemer Venture Partners—as we continue to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
We are built on the foundation that a 100% remote team can be the healthiest, happiest and most productive; from the beginning we have been intentionally building a phenomenal culture that ensures everyone feels connected no matter where they are working from. Our platform has enabled some of the software industry’s most successful names to get listed, start selling, and scale their Cloud Marketplace operations.
Tackle’s Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for talented engineers to craft solid and reliable software at a sustainable pace. We balance consistent innovation and improvement of existing products with new and exciting greenfield projects. You will work in an exciting, positive environment surrounded by kind, talented and creative people. Tacklers have a bias for action and we act without ego; in all interactions we know it is critical to respect, value and support each other. We succeed and fail as a team, with a mindset of pursuing success instead of avoiding failure. Wellness is a critical pillar of the company and we live this value in a variety of ways, with empathetic servant leadership at every level and flexible working hours to ensure a healthy work-life harmony.
Our internship runs from the first week of June through mid August of 2023. Any student available in May is encouraged to start the program early. Due to the shortness of the program, we will not be able to accommodate any extended vacations. Interviews will start as early as August 2022 and we plan to announce our class in the early fall.
In This Role You Will:
- Be a part of an autonomous team of 5-7 engineers, a dedicated Product Manager and UX support to explore and innovate against a new area of the Tackle platform.
- Write code that is focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in thorough code reviews and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Be curious – strive to understand how your contributions tie into the larger picture of your team, your product and Tackle as a whole.
- Welcome different perspectives – be open and inclusive in every interaction.
You Should Have:
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of algorithms, data structures and other systems architecture factors that affect code quality, performance and customer experience.
- Academic experience and/or a professional internship building modern, scalable and high-performing backend services in either Python, Go, NodeJS, Ruby or Java.
- Familiarity with either SQL (Postgres or MySQL) or NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB or Elastic) for data storage.
- Desire to hold yourself and the team to high standards while evaluating technical trade-offs and delivering balanced solutions.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- A positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Experience and/or the desire to thrive in a fully remote organization where flexible schedules require asynchronous communication.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form.
You Will Stand Out:
- Academic or internship experience deploying applications and managed services within AWS.
- Deployed and released code with a commercial or open source CI/CD pipeline tool.
- Desire to grow a robust public portfolio in GitHub.
- Desire to work in a rapidly scaling organization.