We’re building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment. We focus on inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community, and we design simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer for Support and Internal Tools at Replit, you will help solve problems for millions of coders around the world by fixing bugs, building internal systems for managing and triaging user issues, and troubleshooting developer issues with their environment. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with the engineers, product managers, and designers.
Examples of what you could do:
- Implement an analytics dashboard for support metrics
- Create a code editor integration so users can insert snippets of code from our Docs
- Rearchitect our blog from scratch
- Build user-facing features and fix bugs alongside designers and engineers
- Build and maintain internal tools like Slackbots,
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues for our users, often involving servers and web application issues
- Create and edit technical documentation
- Implement automations to improve workflows
- Research and learn the current and future best practices of using Replit
- Test new features and provide early feedback
Required skills and experience:
- Have at least two years of experience as a software engineer or building software that people pay for on your own (can be on Replit!)
- Self-directed with a strong sense of ownership
- Enjoy building small tools to improve your own workflows
- Have a good understanding of web technologies
- Love learning new technologies
- Comfortable working across several different programming languages and stacks
- You have experience with the Nix ecosystem
- You have Linux systems administration knowledge
- You are an active Replit user
- You have worked at an early-stage startup
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
🧑💻 Flexible Work Hours
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
📱 Monthly Expenses Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
🚀 Annual company/team offsites (4/year)
Curious about us?
- Interviewing + Culture
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.
The overall market range of base compensation for roles in this area of Replit is typically $60,000 – $110,000. Compensation offered will be determined by additional factors such as location and experience.