HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
This role is for Software Engineering on one of the Vault teams at HashiCorp. Each of these teams works on both open source and enterprise versions of each tool with a focus on stability, reliability, performance, and security. Our infrastructure tools are used in critical environments and operated by a range of organizations and individuals to solve infrastructure management problems.
We are looking for experienced Frontend Software Engineers to improve on our existing web interface. You will help design, prototype, and implement core features in the UI as a member of our dedicated frontend engineering team.
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to build, iterate, and ship new features to enhance the Vault UI experience
- Work closely with frontend engineers across teams spanning the HashiCorp product line, coordinating and collaborating on design decisions and standard methodologies
- Interact directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers, and represent HashiCorp well to the open source community
- Drive software engineering best practices, such as automated testing, cross-browser testing, CI/CD, documentation, and more
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 5+ years of experience with modern frontend frameworks (e.g., React, Ember or similar)
- Experience running, testing, and contributing to a complex front-end web application at large
- Experience building and operating high-developed UI/UX
- Comfort with HTML, templating languages such as Handlebars and ERB, and CSS (including preprocessors such as SASS)
- A passion for user experience
Optional, but nice to have:
- Direct experience with Ember.js
- Strong experience building front end web applications at large
- Full stack knowledge of systems fundamentals
- Go experience
- You have experience using Vault
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Vault team in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.