Hopin is seeking a software engineer to help build the core of our in-house video technologies that power our live streaming application to hundreds of thousands of users. Hopin’s usage is growing at an enormous pace, and production traffic is increasing week over week.
This brings opportunity for our video team to drive innovation by attempting to solve big challenges in live streaming, such as latency, interaction, quality and scale.
The role is a hands-on role in the video team.
Ideally this person will be located in Europe or America’s Time zone.
Your day to day
- Develop and maintain a reliable, fault-tolerant pipeline for delivering our live streams with DASH, CMAF, HLS.
- Be hands-on implicated with the encoding, delivery and storage for video.
- Be part of a video “pod” responsible for all things related to video on Hopin.
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience working on distributed systems at scale.
- Good experience with encoding software (ffmpeg or similar).
- Good experience with live streaming or video-on-demand delivery.
- Production experience with at least 2 of the protocols: DASH, CMAF, WebRTC, HLS, RTMP, LHLS.
- Ability to write testable, reliable code.
- Familiarity with performance monitoring using software or services (monitoring process metrics, CPU usage, memory, etc.)
- Production experience with Node, Docker.
Appreciated but not required
- Experience with headless browsers and virtual displays.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Docker.
- Interested in working with CDN providers.
- Expertise around low latency container formats (CMAF, LHLS).
More about you
- You work well in a very fast paced startup environment.
- You probably have a computer science background, or something similar.
- You’re a concise, accurate communicator.
- You dig deep to find out the facts and you support them with data.
- You’re a great collaborator.
- You win support for your initiatives.
- You get others to effect changes by persuading whoever necessary.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.