An opportunity to build technology that’s mobilizing our nation’s future.
Big yellow school buses. You see them everywhere, but did you know they are often managed by pen and paper? At BusRight we’re making school buses safer and more efficient for students, families, schools, and communities nationwide. Our web app is the heart of our product ecosystem. It is where transportation directors build efficient routes, view real-time vehicle data, track the performance of their fleet over time, and collaborate with their team.
As one of our first few full-time web engineers, you will be instrumental in building out our company culture, development processes, and development roadmap. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to help set company direction and influence transportation innovation.
- Build real-time collaborative routing applications integrated with fleet data and analytics
- Iterate towards a self-driven product that can educate users through tutorials
- Lead web features from inception to launch, and own your contributions through to user feedback and iteration
- Collaborate with our product designer and leadership team to ensure an elegant user experience
- Developing new features, products, and reusable UI paradigms using React with strict availability requirements
- Monitoring customer usage to ensure our platform is stable during our peak usage hours – our users rely on our apps every day to safely transport their students
- Participating in calls with industry leaders and customers to develop an understanding of our users and their needs
- Experience working on large, modern web applications
- Knowledgeable of design fundamentals and developing with user empathy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Embody our values, more here
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with Figma and REST API design principles
- We run a modern tech stack that includes Typescript and React + Redux
- Babel, Webpack, Jest for testing
- Hosted on Google Cloud Platform
We’re growing and looking to hire people from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences – and are hiring across the world. We want to hear from you if you’re interested in our mission, even if you’re not a perfect match for what’s in this job description.