Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast. As part of our Engineering team, you’ll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Engineering Lead who is passionate about security – someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
Experience in programming is required for this role (we use Python a lot), also solid work experience with Security aspects such as Authentication, Authorization, SSO is required too. Experience working in a SaaS/Product company and a background in running reliable operations is also a huge plus.
- Contribute to the codebase and manage a team of Authentication & Security Software Engineers.
- Help achieve your team’s projects, by creating a framework of responsibility and optimizing your team’s performance.
- Help steer debates into quick decisions and communicate important team changes to the relevant audience through the appropriate channels.
- Coach, mentor, and further develop engineers on your team, within an open and inclusive environment. Provide consistent feedback to your team with a focus on developing and helping unblock them.
- Work with other team leads across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- Report directly to your Director of Engineering and work with them on hiring and capacity planning.
- 5+ years working in a Software Development environment and 1+ year(s) managing at least one inclusive, cross-functional team in an agile environment (3+ engineers).
- Strong working knowledge of a programming language, preferably Python, as well as experience in building and/or maintaining Authentication services, SSO, etc.
- An engineer who prefers simple solutions, and is naturally empathetic working style with team members.
- Your workload is guided by data and metrics.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party.
The compensation range for a team member in this role is €80,000 to €105,000 annually where the offer typically falls in the range of €80,000 to €85,000.
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.