Babylist is looking for an experienced, highly technical, and driven Engineering Manager to help lead our growing team.
The Babylist engineering team is involved in growing and scaling all aspects of our business, including our consumer-facing web/iOS/Android apps, e-commerce operational infrastructure, content distribution platforms, data-warehousing and business intelligence platforms.
Our current team size is 12, with plans to grow to 18-20 in the next year. We are partially distributed with most of the team based in Oakland, CA.
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. We have a large and rapidly growing user base of passionate parents-to-be who are making important purchasing decisions for one of the biggest events in their lives, which is both exciting and overwhelming. Our core product is our universal baby registry. Currently one in two first-time expecting families in the United States actually create a baby registry at Babylist.com
. In 2019, over $400 million worth of gifts were purchased off of Babylist registries.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
• We get stuff done
• We have a real impact on people’s lives
• We’re passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
• We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
• We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
• We’re a technological and data-driven business
• We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
• We have experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
• Competitive pay
• Competitive health benefits including company-funded medical, dental, and vision
• 401(k), FSA plans, and disability insurance
• Flexible, paid parental leave policy
• MacBook Pro, home office stipend, internet reimbursement, fully-remote Engineering team
• We work at a sustainable pace; in general we don’t work late or on weekends
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.