Manager of Software Engineering – Remote or In Office (UT, PA, CA)
Nav was founded to have a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of small business owners by bringing efficiency and transparency to financial decision making. We are changing the way these business owners secure lending with our innovative technology and customer-centric approach. We build intelligent software on top of data to solve issues in the small business financial ecosystem. Our ability to collect, aggregate, enrich and distribute this data makes us unique and presents many avenues for business growth.
We are passionate about empowering our teams and giving them the freedom to shape our future. Our teams lead with candor, charge hard, fail fast, all while working in a fun, diverse, and inclusive environment. If you are a high-energy innovator, enjoy a rapid-paced growing environment, and have the zest to solve big challenges, join us… Be a part of history and co-create the future of FinTech.
YOUR ROLE AT NAV:
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable, reusable code.
- Help maintain and cultivate the infrastructure and tool set for multiple development and production environments
- Define, create and contribute to a range of tools used by Nav employees
- Contribute to discussions as an active participant on a diverse set of topics relating to business or the engineering team.
- Participate in Nav’s agile/scrum process.
- Manage the operation team while remaining a team player
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 6+ years experience including experience as a team lead or manager
- Expert with Linux, bonus points for CoreOS
- Configuration management experience, preferably Ansible
- Cloud infrastructure knowledge, preferably AWS
- Understanding and ability to create continuous integration and continuous delivery workflows for software projects
- Solid grasp of software security, and an ability to continually increase the security of our platform
- Eager to learn and adapt quickly to change
- Experience with working in an agile framework and iterating to build sustainable and scalable solutions.
- Relentless problem solver.
- If you participate in any open source projects please send us links.
- Experience with containerization would be a plus, specifically Docker and Kubernetes
WORKING WITH US:
When you join Nav you do more than simply get a new job, you become a part of a group of incredibly talented people who drive innovation, think out of the box, and do impactful work. We are passionate about our products, live for our customers, and work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
BE YOU. At Nav, we are committed to building a high performing healthy company at scale. We know that we work better with a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Ownership equity in startup backed by top VC’s (Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, and Experian). Unlimited vacation. Paid maternity/paternity leave. Use of our product. Exceptional Work Environment. Wicked smart peer groups. Employee networking and events.