Reports to: Senior Director of Engineering
Location: Remote, US and Canada Only
Compensation Range: $140,000 to $190,000 plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
You’ll lead an engineering team that builds and supports our flagship product, Process Insights (MEDR). You’ll work closely with the team’s product manager, designer, and cybersecurity expert to design, build, validate, and support both agent and web-based applications. You’ll grow and develop a team of smart and diverse problem solvers who are innovative, skilled, and passionate about delivering for our customers. As part of the engineering leadership team, you’ll help develop better ways for us to work.
At Huntress, we work with low walls between disciplines because we believe good ideas are everywhere and the best products come from teams who work together to deeply understand our customers, experiment, and validate our products.
Who You Are:
You’ve been a software engineer and understand modern cloud-based architectures. You don’t need to code anymore to have fun at work, but you’re able to think both tactically and strategically about a solution and the right way to build it. You enjoy thinking about products as well as engineering and have a track record developing and iterating on SaaS products. You have managed technical teams and know how to coach and develop both individuals and a team.
- Deliver awesome products for our customers that are maintainable, reliable, and resilient
- Recruit, hire, coach, and mentor a diverse team of engineers who are technically skilled, collaborative, and creative
- Identify and remove impediments for your team
- Continuously improve your team’s performance and health
- Lead with transparency, candidly challenge assumptions, exhibit integrity above all else
What You Bring To The Team
- 3+ years experience in engineering leadership building SaaS products in a modern SaaS environment
- Skilled at hiring, building teams, leading and coaching managers, and performance management
- Experience with different software development methodologies such as plan-build-ship, scrum, and kanban
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to grasp new software architecture and technology quickly
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with product, development teams, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders to help minimize silos and drive teamwork across teams
- Experience with Ruby on Rails development is not required, but extremely beneficial
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.
If you have any questions about your personal data privacy at Huntress, please visit our privacy page or contact us at email@example.com