About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Software QA Automation Engineer
We are looking for a Software QA Automation Engineer with analytical approach and eye for detail to join the team that delivers software solutions of high quality . In this role the main focus will be testing and automation of new features. You will work very closely with the development team and other cross functional teams to ensure quality is of the highest level. A strong candidate will have the ability to research, innovate and think outside the box.
It’s an added advantage to have streaming technology experience since In this role you will also get to work on key video services projects around video ingestion, encoding, VoD/Linear, DRM with the goal of delivering best-in-class streaming on CTV.
Our team is cooperative, transparent and fun loving. There is a tremendous growth opportunity!!
What You’ll Do
- In this role, your responsibilities will include designing and implementing test cases and test plans
- Perform functional testing on a variety of software product and services
- Estimate, prioritize plan and coordinate testing activities
- First level triaging and analysis of issues found during testing
- Reporting of test results to various cross functional teams, and should be able to confidently represent QA concerns in meetings
- Automating test scenarios
- Creating tools (apps, scripts, etc) to help with testing efforts
- Effectively coordinate with remote team members in different timezones
- 3+ years of experience in functional, integration and API testing
- 2+ years of automation experience (creating or utilizing existing test frameworks)
- Proficiency in Python, Ruby or similar languages
- Familiarity with Unix and shell scripting
- Should have basic knowledge of writing SQL and GQL queries
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Agile process
- Hands on experience with GIT
- Hands-on experience with test tools such as Jira and test management systems
- Experience working with AWS services like EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, SQS etc.
- Curiosity to learn is a must!!!
A Plus if You Have
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver, Robot Framework a plus
- Performance testing experience is a plus
- Experience with automated CI environments and tools, preferably Jenkins
- Knowledge of open-source software like FFMPEG and nginx
- Knowledge of Adaptive Video Streaming Technology (HLS, DASH)
- Understanding of audio/video muxing, streaming codecs, and streaming protocols
- Some experience with information security is helpful as customer’s place their intellectual property in our hands and trust us to treat it accordingly
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace Subscriptions for Mental and Physical Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.