About Wurl, LLC.
Do you want to help grow an incredible entertainment and ad tech company with a fantastic culture, collaborate and grow your career, while working remotely?
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We’re an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We’ve been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to RSU’s and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Solutions Architect (AdTech)
The Solutions Architect (AdTech) works on strategic ad tech initiatives in research and development with a team of architects to design, prototype, and champion new concepts. The Solutions Architect works with Engineering and Product Management leaders on the planning and execution of Wurl’s Ad Tech Roadmap.
The ideal candidate has a strong engineering foundation with experience designing, building and operating reliable and secure Internet-scale platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Develop broad understanding of Wurl’s overall ad technology and propose enhancements with Engineering and Product to shape Wurl’s offering.
- Design and implement proof-of-concepts for new product capabilities.
- Resolve technical and operational issues related to ad tech systems.
- Evaluate and integrate complementary third party technologies.
- Author / contribute to Wurl customer-facing publications, e.g. whitepapers.
- 7+ years of software development and/or solution design in ad system architectures.
- Expert in ad serving concepts, including pacing, frequency capping, competitive separation, yield optimization, bid modifiers, etc.
- Expert in VAST and OpenRTB protocols.
- Hands-on experience with ad servers, SSPs, DSPs, and DMPs.
- Strong system management and experience with cloud services.
- Strong experience with scripting, network technologies, and analytics services.
- Proven history of forging strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives and operational leaders.
- Successful track record in thought leadership and presenting complex concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer or Engineering major.
- Location: US Remote
What We Offer
We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote first policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
- OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
- Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.