60% of top research organizations trust Cayuse to help them modernize their research administration systems. Cayuse develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and research organizations work smarter.
Cayuse empowers globally connected research that reimagines collaboration and drives societal progress. Our platform uniquely addresses the entire hierarchy of research challenges: minimizing risk, driving efficiency, optimizing planning, and enabling world-class, data-driven research management.
Over the past 2 decades, we’ve been on a journey to empower globally connected research. Cayuse has a strong backbone of customer- and employee- focused values that lead to a great working environment, and deliver on our mission: Empower organizations to conduct globally connected research and sponsored projects, advancing their impact on science, discovery, and society.
Job Title: Solution Consultant, Compliance
Job Type: Full-time
The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by individuals with a passion for solving complex problems. Cayuse, originally founded in 1997, develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities and research organizations work smarter. Cayuse has a strong backbone of customer and employee focused values that leads to a great working environment. With new products being launched in 2019 and additional products under development it is an exciting time to join and become a key member of a growth-oriented team.
As a Solutions Consultant for the Research Suite, you’ll work with some of the world’s most prestigious research institutions. You will be involved in pre-sales activities, working in a team environment to partner with Sales Account Executives in presenting our solutions to prospective and current customers. Your enthusiasm for our software and how it can solve real-world challenges in research administration will help drive new subscription software sales. Reporting to the Solutions Consultant Manager, you’ll join an experienced Research Administration Sales Team and get the opportunity to bring exciting, new cloud-based eRA solutions to market.
- Partner with account executives to learn more about prospective customer’s current environment, goals and challenges and assist with developing a strategy to win the deal and tailor our communication to their needs.
- Prepare Cayuse Research Suite demonstrations for use in the sales process
- Give tailored demonstrations on-site or via the web to potential Research Suite customers
- Develop, maintain and communicate competitive knowledge of Research Administration software market
- Develop thorough understanding of prospective client’s research operation through discovery, exploratory questions and knowledge of peer organizations
- Coach and mentor Account Executives in business needs of potential customers and help develop best messaging for each client based on requirements
- Assist with RFI/RFP completion for sales opportunities
- Work closely with Product Management to communicate feature enhancements that would accelerate sales
- Stay current with the latest version(s) to ensure we are demonstrating full functionality of the Research Suite
- Continuously improve the aspects of the sales process you are involved in (discovery, demonstration, etc.)
- Manage and update data in sale instances for all Research Suite products
- Contribute to an inclusive work environment by valuing diverse perspectives, communicating positively, and appropriately involving others in the work
- Research Administration Experience
- Strong presentation skills, ability to interact with executive levels within an organization
- Solid work ethic and ability to work and think independently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to convey complex and technical information to diverse audiences
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to work well within team environments
- Ability to remain focused in high pressure situations
- Willingness to learn and grow your knowledge into all aspects of the research industry
- Extensive network of Research Administration industry contacts or the ability to quickly build and expand your network
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly (up to 50%)
- BA or BS Degree
- Competitive Medical Benefits (PPO + HSA available)
- Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability fully covered by Cayuse
- Paid Time Off + Holidays + Flexible Work Schedule
- Remote Work or Commuter Stipend
- Equal Paid Parental Leave
- 401k with Employer Matching
- $30 Wellness Reimbursement
- Remote Work Environment, Supporting the Ultimate Employee Experience
- Fun, innovative Portland Office with Industrious Spirit Offering Kombucha and Cold Brew
Our culture is one of inclusion and belonging where everyone feels respected, treated justly, supported and nourished. We all share responsibility for creating and sustaining a work environment where differences are celebrated and we are empowered to strive for excellence. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse and talented workforce.