Shogun is on a mission to help brands create the best ecommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world’s best remote company.
We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are fully distributed and global, and with no offices, we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions. However, we are currently unable to sponsor or take over employment visa sponsorship at this time.
What You’ll Do
Our Frontend software implementations can be incredibly complex. As a Solutions Engineer, you’re the technical expert during our pre-sales and implementation process. From start to finish, you’re working to spec out technical requirements, ensure the builds are completed successfully and unblock any technical issues along the way. This is a great opportunity for an engineer ready to use their technical skills in a way that directly impacts our agency partners and customers.
- Build trust with prospects, clients, and partners and serve as the hands-on technical resources and drivers for our client-facing interactions
- Determine the feasibility of implementation requests and write code to test potential integrations with the Shogun Frontend software
- Partner with agency partner managers as the technical expert during client discovery, technical qualification, custom demos, workshops, and proof-of-concepts
- During builds, use your coding skills to resolve any technical errors
What You’ll Bring
Need to have
- 3+ years of prior experience as a software engineer, preferably in a SaaS software product company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts simply
Nice to Have
- Experience working with React and Typescript
- Experience completing complex eCommerce builds or integrations
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class