Shogun is on a mission to help brands create the best ecommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world’s best remote company.
We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are fully distributed and global, and with no offices, we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
We are hiring for this role in the United States and Canada and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions. However, we are currently unable to sponsor or take over employment visa sponsorship at this time.
What You’ll Do
Shogun is launching our enterprise-level product, Shogun Frontend, and the implementations and builds can occasionally be complex with multiple parties involved. As the technical member of our sales team, you will deep dive into the customer’s needs, scope out the right solution based on the customer’s desired outcomes, and align all parties on a process and timeline. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves solving technical problems and building strategic relationships with customers, as no two implementations look the same!
- Build trust with prospects, clients, and partners and serve as the hands-on technical resource and driver for our client-facing interactions
- Conduct in-depth technical discovery sessions to determine the full scope of customers’ and agency partner’s needs
- Recommend the best solution, confirming feasibility with our internal teams
- Partner with sales as the technical expert during custom demos, workshops and proof-of-concepts
- Continually update presentations and materials as necessary to keep in line with new product and feature releases
What You’ll Bring
Need to have
- 5+ years of prior experience in a pre-sales environment, aiding sales with complex, technical discovery and solutions
- Experience at a B2B SaaS company
- Familiarity with systems integration, and how software services work together
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts simply
Nice to Have
- Experience working with React.js
- Experience completing complex eCommerce builds or integrations
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Equal Opportunity StatementShogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class