We are looking for a passionate Solutions Engineer to bring Pulumi’s cloud programming model to the world. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud.
In this customer-facing engineering role, you will be the center of activity in teaching potential customers about Pulumi and involved in training our newest users. It will be your job to take the shared vision of a customer deal and deliver on it: from assessing a customer environment, building a customized deployment plan, and working internally and externally to ensure our customers are happily using all of the Pulumi power they purchased.
Expect to be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with a world class team of great people.
Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA. This role is home office based in the United States. We are committed to our remote workforce and building a cohesive team.
In This Job You Will:
- Work with customers across their entire lifecycle – from pre-sales (sales demos, answering inbound questions, executing proof of concepts) to post-sales (onboarding, technical reviews, account expansion).
- Listen and respond; build and advise on the best technical choices for our customers.
- Onboard enterprise customers, optimizing Pulumi for their environment.
- Close the loop between customers, product, and engineering teams, championing the product to the customer, and bringing their requirements to the roadmap.
- Be challenged, solve new problems, teach about our technologies, and figure out new, better ways to delight our customers.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Have:
- 6+ years of experience in a support or other customer-facing role.
- A commitment to user experience, customer optimization and successful implementation of new products.
- Deep familiarity with core web infrastructure, Open Source technologies, and public cloud platforms.
- Exceptional customer management and communication skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don’t just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.