What you will be doing:
- Present MasteryConnect, Certica Item Banks and Assessments, and Videri as products (and Instructure as a partner) to all stakeholders, from shallow to deep, from storytelling to technical deep-dives.
- Develop and deliver tailored product demonstrations that are simple but engaging.
- Explain how education technology can be transformative for teaching and learning.
- Perform customer needs assessments and solution finding sessions.
- Identify technical issues of assigned accounts and develop/position solutions to address concerns.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs (experienced Sales Engineers are successful at addressing client needs during very competitive RFI/RFPs).
- Convey customer requirements to team leadership.
- Successfully conceptualize and communicate about how products and services affect opportunities and sales exposure within an organization and the education space.
- Coach and mentor fellow team members on all things edu, both in the field and via planned professional development opportunities.
- Track progress on projects through consistent record-keeping and knowledge-sharing.
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- Edu experience, preferably at a school, district or state level.
- A strong understanding of assessment best practices, formative and summative, and of digital tools that support best practices.
- A strong understanding of K12 accountability and reporting, including the use of BI tools to monitor student achievement, efficacy of curriculum, and efficacy of instructional practice.
- Technical understanding of education technology, web technology, mobile technology, servers, the internet, etc.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, collaborative, and communicative.
- Articulate and compelling presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in speech and writing, tailored for the audience.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Possibility of extensive travel if/when conditions permit (around 40%).
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- iMacs or Macbooks