About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
Solutions Engineer (Remote):
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for designing, architecting, and presenting technical solutions for clients’ needs and supporting Wurl’s business initiatives. This role will represent the engineering and product teams’ capabilities during the sales cycle, helping present and articulate technical solutions and answer integration questions from prospective clients. There are two openings for this role, one does require Spanish with a strong preference for Portuguese
- Contribute to RFPs and other inquiries of the sales team as necessary
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare, and demo strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Serve as the technical liaison during the handoff from sales to onboarding
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions
- Capture market intelligence from pre-sales interactions to support the product team’s future development roadmap
- Help identify client-specific value propositions and work with BD to shape the appropriate story and positioning for the market/target audience
- Understand the complexities and nuances of the business to effectively articulate differentiation, advantages, functionality, and success stories
- Actively participate in BD/client meetings as the solutions/strategy lead
- Negotiate engagement terms where appropriate, either in tandem with BD or independently
- Navigate the complexities of client partnerships throughout the sales process, including the elements of implementation and advertising integration
- Lead development/implementation of marketing strategy and collateral to grow Wurl’s awareness and penetration within the media community—including both the connector and advertising solutions
- 5+ years of sales consulting, solution definition, consulting, or product management experience in video distribution, streaming systems and/or broadcasting
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in digital video ingestion, transcoding, analytics and ad serving concepts
- Proven history of forging strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives and operational leaders
- Experience in creatively presenting complex concepts in an easily digestible manner
- Familiarity with APIs
- Experience and deep understanding of OTT streaming: MPEG-TS, HLS, DASH; container formats: MP4, TS; Ad Insertion Architectures: Ad Servers, VAST, SSAI
- Must have exposure interacting with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Product, Engineering, and Executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.