We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What does the Partnerships department look like?
The Partnerships team is responsible for delivering on big goals. By establishing large and small partnerships, this team contributes to the top of funnel success of Bench by working closely with brand, marketing and sales. Joining Partnerships within the GTM organization at Bench means you will be signing up to: help others achieve their biggest goals, responding to the shifting needs of small businesses clients, working cross-functionally, and of course creating an amazing partner experience. Partnerships has become a key strategic bet for Bench and by scaling our partner marketing practice you will play a central role in delivering a big future.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Collaborate across various organizations at Bench to advance partnership growth (GTM, Ops, Product and Technology).
- Owning and updating all internal partner facing assets (confluence, training materials, one-pagers, etc).
- Manage external partner marketplace listing updates, and collaborate with partner marketing to generate recommendations for optimization.
- Be the first point of contact for supporting Benchmates questions in our team slack channel.
- Monitor partner sourced traffic and help support sales as they optimize conversion.
- Support in the development and delivery of joint GTM plans with new and existing partners.
- Manage an inbound partner pipeline, while keeping an eye out for new outbound partner opportunities.
- Organize and deliver across multiple partnership requests / campaigns.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Had 2+ years in an account management, sales, or other similar functions within a b2b setting
- Comfort thinking in systems, and navigating through Salesforce
- Have a track record of exceeding targets and delivering on an exceptional client experience
- Be a self-starter who is ready to grow within an agile environment.
- Be comfortable bringing new ideas to the table, and taking measured risks.
- A strong sense for responsibility, and scrappiness. No job is too big, or too small to tackle!
It could be an even better fit if:
- You have held a role where engaging with partners has been part of your role in some capacity
- Have held a role where you’ve been exposed to funnel metrics, and working on marketing initiatives
- You are creative and analytical, and you are comfortable converting data into insights and action (google sheets, analysis etc)
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $43,120 – $53,900 per year. This role also offers a variable pay component of $16,100 per year. Stock options will also be a part of the total compensation package.
- This position offers an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision. In addition, all Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counseling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.