Appcues is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst to join our Product team! This person will help build out the Product team’s data program, mine for insights and help the team test and validate hypotheses about customer behavior to demonstrate how product enhancements drive positive outcomes for our clients and their users.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Be our internal champion of product data analysis; mine data for insights, help the product team with testing and validation of hypotheses about customer behavior and demonstrating how product enhancements drive positive outcomes for our customers and their users
- Define key product metrics and track KPIs to analyze what really matters to our business and our customers
- Help us measure and drive adoption and engagement of the product, down to individual features and feature updates
- Facilitate data-driven decision making for Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Customer Experience and Product Marketing teams
- Communicate findings clearly to a broad range of stakeholders including managers and executives across all departments
- Put in place solid analytics program so teams can learn how to use data to answer questions in a self-service capacity
- Raise the bar for data analytics in Product by providing analytics guidance, championing best practices and ensuring the correct tools are available
You may be a great fit if…
- You are fluent in writing analytical SQL, are able to write complex queries with no assistance, understand the difference between SQL that works and performant SQ
- You are a clear, concise communicator that works well with others
- You can explain complex datasets or queries to non-technical people in understandable ways
- You have a natural curiosity and investigative mindset – driven to know “why”
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on both autonomy and collaboration
100% remote – We don’t have an office so all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and, after COVID times, will get together twice a year for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Fair pay – Each role has a defined salary band, bands and salaries are audited on a regular basis to help maintain fairness and market value
Home office and tech budget – Besides paying for your work computer (Mac or PC), we offer a one-time $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns., and an annual learning stipend.
Unlimited vacation – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so we expect each employee to take a minimum of ten days of vacation per year. Employees based in the USA also take off all US federal holidays. Employees residing in other countries can choose to follow their local national holidays or US federal holidays.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, checklists, and more) without writing any code. We believe it’s the non-technical people who often have the best information about a user’s needs and desires, and we give them the tools to act.
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, their work, and the success story we are writing. Our values are not just words. We live by them.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer that commits to diversity and inclusion and also celebrates it. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status. We believe that diverse teams foster a more inclusive company culture, build better products, and are more human, humane, and fun.