The nZero Sr. Director of Sales will be responsible for building out a sales strategy and team for our Direct Sales Organization. This leader will be working in our field sales organization in partnership with our Chief Revenue Officer across our key markets and industries, including but not limited to Data Centers, REIT, State and Federal Suppliers, Agribusiness, and more. Our specific focus on NRT 24/7 data capture and reporting is just one of the values nZero can bring to any organization as they embrace their net zero journeys to accurately reduce and eliminate carbon emissions.
The sales leader will be responsible for building out a direct sales organization for their vertical, researching and understanding their territories, and identifying customers’ opportunities, goals, and metrics in order to secure agreements on timing and budget to position nZero’s offerings and platform as their successful solution to hit their team’s Quota on a quarterly and annual basis. This position will progress qualified opportunities, conduct demos and deliver presentations to move customers to our platform. Sales representatives will drive RFP responses as needed. Working with our solution engineers we will conduct detailed discovery to understand how we can help our customers meet and exceed their specific carbon emission goals and with customer success to ensure engagement and successful onboarding.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, this position will:
- Build out a strategy for their vertical including the team needed to hit targets
- Master the value, benefits, features, and application of nZero’s products
- Define the territories and team structure to deliver on company targets
- Create a solid GTM approach for this vertical leveraging cross-functional partners and best practices
- Conduct quarterly executive business reviews for the portfolio
- Understand competition and external market factors
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in helping build out the end-to-end org and achieving all company goals including and beyond just the direct scope of work
- 8+ years as Sales Representative and Leader experience or relevant function with a proven track record of success.
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets and quotas.
- Market knowledge of the carbon emission space or sustainable energy goals. Experience building out an organization in the SaaS space.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt to rapidly shifting priorities in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to convey sophisticated information in an efficient, easy-to-understand manner.
- Proven collaborator and liaison with all levels and departments within an organization.
- Technical skill and/or ability to acquire in‐depth knowledge and use of nZero products.
- Degree preferred, but not required.
nZero is a near real-time (NRT) carbon data and sustainability platform that gives NGOs, government agencies and organizations the accurate emissions data they need to reach net zero, communicate their story, and make smart decisions that benefit the health of the planet. Unlike carbon management offerings who rely on third-party data and opaque averages, nZero gathers accurate, first-party, contextual data into a comprehensive view, making it simple for organizations to pinpoint opportunities within their operations to implement carbon reduction actions and spend smarter along the way. nZero’s awards and recognitions include the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) Existing Industry 2022 “Leader in Sustainability” Award, Business Intelligence Group’s 2022 Sustainability Product of the Year Award, a place on TIME Magazine’s 2022 Best Inventions List in the Sustainability Category, as well as an honorable mention on Fast Company’s 2022 World Changing Ideas List