The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
As the first Senior Director of Product Marketing, you will report directly to our CMO and be responsible for building and driving the product marketing strategy and execution end-to-end by conducting competitive analysis, crafting positioning and messaging, and driving regular product launches to rapidly grow the business.
In this role, you will seek out opportunities to engage directly with prospects and customers in close collaboration with our GTM and Product team; you will take data-driven approaches to generate actionable insights about the market to inform our product, sales, and marketing strategy; and you will drive both product and business value with highly relevant and compelling industry and persona-based content, stories, and experiences.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Develop and lead the execution of a consistent product marketing strategy to further Primer’s position as the leading industrial-grade NLP platform in Government and Commercial
- Build relationships and work cross-functionally with departments including Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to effectively organize and execute on product marketing launches.
- Define and build a scalable, forward deployed product marketing function that expands our market presence through regular integrated marketing campaigns
- Have a constant pulse on the market to understand the competitive and product landscape, conduct win/loss interviews, and work with others in the team to build a robust market intelligence function
- Own and report on the marketing metrics that drive your business
What we value:
- 8+ years’ experience in B2B Product Marketing, preferably at a well-known B2B tech brand
- Experience in developing content for NLP/AI solutions, with a background in developer marketing a plus
- 5+ years of experience leading teams, and a strong interest in mentorship and professional development
- A creative and analytical thinker with proven ability to effectively execute integrated and streamlined marketing programs; you take pride in shipping releases and evangelizing your launches internally and externally
- Constantly curious and enjoy learning about new verticals and technologies, shifting seamlessly between products, industries, and audiences; you can geek out on the technical nitty-gritty and can articulate value to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of best practices and new strategies for product marketing and content
- An obsession with personas, a natural empathy with customers and their needs, and experience developing persona-based content strategy
- A pro at building relationships quickly and working cross-functionally, driving results across teams and at all levels of an organization
- A natural storyteller with outstanding communication skills who takes pride and joy in evangelizing our mission and products
- A self-starter with strong planning and organizational skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and operating in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Experience working with design and PR agencies and producing compelling product videos
- Visual design skill set is preferred
What We Offer
- Rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, passionate co-workers who want to deliver the best outcomes
- An honest and open environment for the exchange of ideas
- Fortune 50 companies and globally recognized institutions as customers
- Learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team virtual offsites like escape rooms and company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office (post covid) in the SF Financial District
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.