At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We’re building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach: rather than focusing on specific technologies, we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
About the role
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US or Canada. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
The Cloud Services team is an organization focused on delivering Hashicorp’s software as a Cloud service. This effort enables a distribution model wherein customers can use a fully managed service with an API contract.
As part of the Cloud Services organization, the Infrastructure Engineering team is focused on delivering a common set of tooling and services that help HashiCorp engineering teams to quickly develop, deliver, and operate their cloud native applications and services.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design, implement, and maintain a secure and scalable infrastructure platform for delivering cloud native applications
- Own and ensure that internal and external SLA’s meet and exceed expectations, System centric KPIs are continuously monitored and improved
- Create tools for automating deployment, configuration, monitoring and operations of the infrastructure platform components the team manages
- Experience working in modern CI/CD environments and development methodologies such as Agile
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management, and troubleshooting
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of internal tools, improve system health and reliability
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- Hands on experience with Containerization and Orchestration technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is requiring advanced skills in Terraform/Infrastructure as Code and infrastructure
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regard to information security
- You have built or operated a large scale Cloud service
- Experience using Terraform to manage cloud infrastructure (or equivalent Infrastructure as Code)
- Comfortable with a low-level programming language such as Go or Python
Please feel free to include a cover letter to tell us about yourself and what excites you about this opportunity, infrastructure as code, or HashiCorp! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too. We’d like to get to know YOU and why you are interested in working at HashiCorp.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.