At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
The Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy and Analysis is responsible for leading growth strategy of a high-volume portfolio of online graduate programs and overseeing operations of a team of 3+ digital marketing analysts who manage the monthly digital marketing budget and projected return on investment across highest-impact programs and verticals (similar degrees offered across multiple partners, e.g. MBAs). The Senior Manager will be responsible for managing a team that oversees $3M+ in marketing spend per month across the total portfolio of paid tactics (Facebook, LinkedIn, Partnerships, etc.). This role has ownership of optimizing the health of programs within purview against KPI’s and is responsible for driving innovation and problem solving for programs and verticals. Supports Director, Marketing Strategy and Analysis on quarterly and annual planning, in partnership with other cross-functional stakeholders.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Program/Vertical Strategy and Performance
- Defines and prioritizes innovation and growth strategy for a portfolio of both existing and newly launching programs/verticals through collaboration with Marketing Sr. Leadership
- Owns portfolio health, performance, monitoring, and execution against KPI’s
- Responsible for delivering on management targets for each program
- Creates and manages testing and learning agenda for each program and vertical
- Gains buy-in from stakeholders on strategy and influences other teams to deliver projects critical to program growth or health
- Responsible for team of 2-6 direct reports (Sr. Analysts, Analysts)
- Delegates and oversees work based on individual strengths and experience levels of direct reports
- Manages performance and development for Sr. Analysts and below, setting clear goals
- Coaches and advocates strong, structured analytical approach amongst analysts
- Regularly identifies value-adding analysis seeking growth and optimization
- Drives accountability for successful and timely completion of both BAU and high-impact projects including new program launches
- Ensures team focus aligns with areas of growth leverage
- Full ownership of a minimum of two large-scale strategic initiatives
- Collaborates with leadership to prioritize and track critical projects across 2U portfolio
- Performs analysis for top-level critical initiatives with direction from Sr. Leadership
- Responsible for constant monitoring of portfolio performance across funnel
- Accountable for proactively problem solving on key program/vertical challenges
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree (business or mathematics degree preferred).
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, analytics, or relevant business.
- 2+ years of experience managing, mentoring, and/or developing a team of peers and subordinates.
- Experience working with media engines, such as Adwords, web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, and data visualization tools, such as Tableau preferred.
- Experience with user experience testing and optimization preferred.
- Has a keen interest in and prior experience in digital marketing.
- Is adept at problem solving and can balance strategic thinking with analytical skills.
- Has advanced knowledge of Excel and familiarity with SQL and databases.
- Has a strong work ethic and doesn’t accept complacency.
- Demonstrates proactive thinking – always seeking ways to do something better.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Familiarity with CRM (Salesforce) a plus.
- Familiarity with R and Python a plus.
This is a hybrid role and we are looking for someone to come into our Headquarters in Lanham, MD two days a week.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($125,000 – $135,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we’re not stopping there — we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.