Senior Engineering Manager, Threat Detection & Response
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc. Our open source software is used by millions of users to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. The Global 2000 uses our enterprise software to accelerate application delivery and drive innovation through software.
We’re looking for a Security Engineering Manager of Threat Detection & Response who is excited about securing the next generation of infrastructure company. This role will report directly to our head of Security Engineering.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Build and lead a team of high-performing security engineers developing solutions focused on threat detection, security operations and incident response.
- Develop roadmaps, track progress, and evaluate team / functions performance
- Provide mentorship, support, and career development opportunities for team members and enable the team to scale.
- Be a subject matter authority and have strategic influence
- Identify techniques and solutions to constantly improve and mature detection & response capabilities to protect our company, products & services and customers data
- Develop strategy to monitor threats and vulnerabilities impacting HashiCorp products and services
- Assist leadership to develop strategic plans and long-term roadmaps
- Partner with other engineering teams to address challenges related to a broad spectrum of threat actors.
- Design / conduct table top scenarios for security incidents, business continuity and disaster recovery
- Research emerging attack vectors and techniques
- 10+ years of work experience in software or security engineering, including 2+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience
- Experience in threat detection, forensics, incident response or a related field
- Demonstrated technical experience across related security disciplines e.g. intrusion detection and response, network security, infrastructure security, etc
- Familiarity with securing cloud services running in Modern Cloud environments
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel
- Experience building out high performing security teams
- Previous experience leading security operations in a tech / cloud company
- Previous experience building out around security automation
- Experience implementing and scaling security programs in a startup environment
- Speaking / publishing in Tier 1 security conferences
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha