Babylist is looking for a senior Product Designer to join our product team! As a product designer at Babylist, your number one job is to solve our users’ problems. You will be a strong individual contributor and engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in user research, design strategy, concepting, a full spectrum of low to high fidelity UI design, prototyping, information architecture, workshop facilitation, and user testing.
Your greatest strength is UX Design, ensuring our users’ needs are at the center of the product development process. You’ll work across all three of our platforms (web, iOS, Android) while designing for multiple user groups (parent(s)-to-be and their gift givers).
Please note, for this role we are hiring candidates in the Pacific time zone, or willing to work exclusively on Pacific time.
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. We have a large and rapidly growing user base of passionate parents-to-be who are making important purchasing decisions for one of the biggest events in their lives, which is both exciting and overwhelming. Our core product is our universal baby registry. Currently one in two first-time expecting families in the United States actually create a baby registry at Babylist.com
. In 2019, over $400 million worth of gifts were purchased off of Babylist registries.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
• We get stuff done
• We have a real impact on people’s lives
• We’re passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
• We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
• We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
• We’re a technological and data-driven business
• We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
• We have experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
• Competitive pay
• Competitive health benefits including company-funded medical, dental, and vision
• 401(k), FSA plans, and disability insurance
• Flexible, paid parental leave policy
• Flexibility to work remotely and prioritize home life as we navigate the impacts of COVID-19
• We work at a sustainable pace; in general we don’t work late or on weekends, and most employees WFH on Wednesdays (when we return to HQ)
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.