Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice fair for everyone. We’re looking for a Product Designer to help us disrupt the status quo and build a beautiful platform that people love to use. Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work. Join us in changing the face of finance.
This role is perfect for designers with strong UX abilities, an iterative design process, and outstanding visual design skills.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to visualize a revolutionary new platform for financial advisors and their clients
- Frequently talk with customers to deeply understand their mental models, needs, workflows and business operations
- Apply data, research, and customer insights to define problems, identify opportunities, and deliver improvements to existing products or introduce new ones
- Align with product and engineering to determine what success means for a given initiative
- Iterate quickly through mockups and clickable prototypes that may range in fidelity and functionality
- Work within defined timelines to prioritize your work for maximum impact
- Contribute to a creative, supportive culture for the entire Product Experience team.
What you’ll need
- 7-10 years of experience
- Strong communication skills and a track record of effectively advocating for and evangelizing user-centered design
- You care deeply about shipping work that reflects well on your team and your company’s brand.
- A champion of design thinking, pushing yourself and others to go broad before narrowing in on a single solution
- Comfort with an iterative design process using quantitative and qualitative data to inform design and product improvements
- Must be humble, collaborative, have a positive attitude, and be a joy to work with (egos left at the door, please)
- Strong qualitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to move fast and ship work while maintaining a high standard of quality, balancing business needs and health of the overall organization with your desire to strive for perfection
- An entrepreneur mindset with the ability to take initiative, seeing projects through from start to finish with high attention to detail
- Great UX copywriting skills to help bring life to your visual design
- Fintech experience
- Experience in designing SaaS across B2B and B2C use cases
- Local to the LA area or willing to relocate
What you’ll get
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their discipline.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US, Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).
A good resume will help you stand out, but we’re most interested in motivated designers who will stop at nothing to create the best product they can. Think you have what it takes? Send us your portfolio and tell us why you’d be a good fit for the team.