Timescale🐯 is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager with a track record of success shipping SaaS products and cloud infrastructure.
Love databases? Advanced cloud-native infrastructure, like containerized stateful applications running in multi-cluster Kubernetes? Feel at home working with highly technical engineers?
This is an exciting opportunity to help build the next great cloud-native database and data infrastructure platform. You will have product responsibilities for our cloud platform, helping to define, plan, and ship advanced capabilities for our managed service, both customer-facing and internal. You will also balance and improve reliability, availability, and security, ensuring that Timescale Cloud achieves its uptime SLAs while continuing to innovate at a rapid pace.
We need you to help us execute tactically and move strategically so we can meet our ambitious goals and build the next great database cloud. If you have experience in technical product management and want a role where you can have a direct and immediate impact on a fast-growing startup serving developers worldwide, then this is the role for you.
Timescale is a fully-remote company with team members around the world, and English language fluency is a requirement. To better coordinate with their teams, the preferred candidate for this role will have working hours in the North/South American time zones.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their problems, the competitive landscape, and market trends.
- Craft a quarterly and annual product strategy and roadmap in concert with other product managers, customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams. Create differentiation for Timescale Cloud.
- Perform product discovery, gather and document requirements and feedback from customers, community users, and internal stakeholders, and find innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Own execution and delivery of new product features end-to-end, but also balance feature development against reliability, availability, and security concerns.
- Measure adoption of the product, collect customer feedback regularly, and adjust plans as needed. Use data to support your decisions.
- Work with go-to-market teams on messaging, positioning, and launch activities.
- Help support customer engagements and take part in sales enablement activities within the company.
- Serve as the connective tissue between engineering, design, marketing, customer care, and other stakeholders, proactively communicating product questions and decisions.
- 3+ years of proven track record in product management, with at least 2+ years of experience on complex technical products/platforms.
- Strong understanding of cloud-native infrastructure architectures. Experience with databases or other technical products with high scale, high performance needs.
- Comfortable engaging and working in the open with developer communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to explain complex technical design in 20 seconds or 20 minutes, depending on the audience and goals.
- Ability to combine data-driven approaches with strong user empathy to figure out what/when/why to ship – we’re building a platform for millions of users and there’s lots to do!
- Excited by ambiguous and vague problem definitions and ability to refine them to an actionable plan.
- Strong sense of ownership and problem-solving skills – Timescale is moving fast and so should you. Trying things, making mistakes, and quickly improving is in our DNA.
- Computer Science or technical degree much preferred, or prior technical development experience.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce 🌎 and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Fridays off in August 😎
- Full remote work from almost anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development and educational benefits 📚
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)