We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for you to join us on this incredible journey.
A message from our hiring manager:
I’m Eva, the Marketing Director here at Bench. If you want to get to know me a little better and hear about what I am looking for, watch my video! It’s very simple…. We’re about to launch one of the most innovative products in the Fintech world, it will revolutionize how small businesses manage their finances. More importantly, it will change their life and help them focus on what matters so that they don’t have to think about how to manage their books and their bank accounts. And you, well, you’ll be the marketing leader supporting this new version of our product! Full disclosure: we’re launching soon, so you’ll have to be ready to roll up your sleeves on Day 1, but I promise there will rarely be such a fantastic opportunity out there. Think about it, you’ll join an amazing start up, that’s on a consistent and well funded growth trajectory, and you’ll be one of our first product marketing leaders. You’ll be in charge of defining the strategy, pulling in our amazing marketing and product teams together, so that we take over the world.
Below is everything you need to know about this amazing opportunity. Make sure to check out one of my favourite testimonials at the end of this posting, it will show you what we do here at Bench: profoundly impact the life of entrepreneurs.
P.S. Make sure you read it, it’s important. I might even quiz you on it.
Read on, and hope I get to work with you soon!
What you’ll be getting up to:
A self-starter with an insatiable curiosity for business growth opportunities and an ability to develop a go-to-market strategy from scratch. Ideally, you’ve been on the ground as a startup found its product-market fit, have launched multiple successful (or unsuccessful) products and features, and have a penchant for innovation in SaaS. As a creative and experimental Sr. Product Marketing Manager, you want to play a pivotal role in Bench’s product marketing future, and be ready to bring your best-in-class approach and merge it with our scrappy way of doing things. You’ll create a differentiated narrative for this new version of our product. You’re into creating a culture of best-in-class product marketing, in a company focused on defining a new way for marketers to work.
At its simplest, you will be responsible for supporting the Go-To-Market strategy, branding, merchandising, and education of our revamped product and prepping for the next product launch. You’ll be responsible for positioning and marketing our new Bench product to new and existing clients (small business owners). You will need to quickly become the go-to expert on the needs of the buyer & customer and the value of our products to tie everything together through clear and concise propositions.
You are going to be the first product marketer for this new product (and arguably, our first product marketing manager in a long time). Which means, a ton of opportunities, but you’ll need to get scrappy! If you’re the right fit, and if you’re a leader, a big part of your role could eventually be to define the future of product marketing at Bench.
Your first 90 days
Your number one goal: In collaboration with business leaders, create and lead Bench’s marketing strategy for our new bundled product, to new customers (1st priority) and current customers (2nd priority).
Your priorities will be:
- Support our marketing TOF teams with the objective of increasing clients acquisition
- Support our sales team by providing them with clear and concise messaging to improve our sales conversion
- Support our product team by discovering and shaping new product ideas based on customer and business feedback to maximise adoption and retention
Where You Come In:
1. Lead all aspects of Go-To-Market
- Act as the product evangelist for our new and revamped Bench product
- Lead the go-to-market plan, ensuring that all customer-facing teams are using the right messaging and maximizing each channel, for new and existing customers
- Act as the project manager to facilitate the launch of our new product
- Experiment within the product to drive growth. Optimize customer experiences within the product lifecycle to increase value awareness, retention, and expansion.
- Create sales and partner enablement collateral, inform customer enablement strategies, support Marketing & Partnership campaigns and creative direction.
- Identify and develop product positioning, value propositions, messaging framework, and competitive strategy for our target markets that differentiates our product and company.
- Orchestrate campaigns and launches for our core offering, new product releases, and partner integrations.
- Collaborate with sales, partnerships, customer success and marketing to ensure customer feedback is documented and included in the product roadmap, positioning, and campaigns.
- Use market research and competitive intelligence to define and evolve the way we position our products in the market and develop customer personas
- Work very closely with Product Managers to discover and shape new products by listening to customers & prospects
- Overtime, define new markets and develop product strategy to enter and grow in these markets
2. Serve as a subject matter expert
- Create core content for website, marketing decks, blogs, and product literature. Contribute to marketing content for newsletters, email campaigns, and ads.
- Develop written & video product assets and provide subject matter expertise for all marketing campaigns and efforts.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver sales enablement for key business initiatives and support sales activities with content and product expertise as necessary.
- Own analyst relations and deliver periodic analyst inquiries and briefings on the company and product growth.
- Deliver webinars, blogs, articles, and other collateral as necessary on topics.
3. Be a cross-functional strategic partner
- Establish collaborative relationships with product, sales, marketing, partnerships, engineering, operations, and customer success.
- Be a trusted partner to the product team. Relay customer, sales, and market insights, to help inform product roadmap decisions and strategy.
- Communicate proactively and consistently across teams – sharing insights and seeking feedback.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in Product Marketing or Product Management
- Experience working in bigger organizations (but also smaller ones) so you’re comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience launching products, developing messaging and product positioning
- Experience with customer segmentation, market analysis and building business cases to improve the customer and user experience
- A self-starter and are solution-oriented, and can operate at a high level with senior-level stakeholders
- A team-player first and foremost, and believe great things come from (extreme) collaboration
- An activated curiosity and openness to being an equitable and inclusive leader. Our commitment to anti-racism and anti-discrimination as a company excites you.
It could be an even better fit if you have…
- A well-developed equity lens: You actively engage in leadership of teams and of strategic-level work with an equity lens and an eye for inclusivity. You don’t just accept equitable practices, you model and advocate for them on your teams and in your work.
The extra details:
- You’ll have my unconditional support and together we’ll look back and we’ll be so proud of what we’ve built.
- You will get to learn and grow by working with a team of unconventional & diverse leaders, from ex-business owners to consultants, all coming together to achieve the same mission.
- You have the opportunity of a lifetime to truly make a difference in the lives of millions of entrepreneurs.
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- We’re a remote-first team augmented by physical space, and you’ll need to be able to travel to Vancouver regularly once it’s possible to do so
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.