HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
The Cloud Services team is a newly created division working towards delivering HashiCorp’s software as a managed cloud service. You will be directly contributing in the development of our recently unveiled new flagship HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud according to the latest best practices.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Build IAM services primarily in Golang.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of extremely large-scale systems.
- Interface directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers.
- Work with multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Work with HashiCorp products such as Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- Have worked with OAuth2, SAML or other auth protocols.
- Have integrated with an Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) platform, such as Auth0, Otka, or similar iDPs
- Have integrated with IAM from cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Familiar with role-based access control (RBAC)
- Experience with audited resource access
- You are familiar with micro-service architectures, and ideally, have seen them in operation on a global scale.
- Have a strong understanding of security principles.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss design and performance tradeoffs in complex systems.
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.