HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
About this role:
You will join an existing team of Release Engineers to focus on automating internal workflows and contributing to release pipelines for our open source, enterprise, and Cloud offerings. You will collaborate with peers to build reusable components to make our software delivery pipelines as awesome as possible, and work with internal teams to reduce developer toil and help with their successful execution of everyday software development. You will also work on larger engineering-wide projects that will be used by hundreds of engineers. Interested? Come work with us!
Some of the challenges you’ll work on include:
- Helping to evolve the CI/CD strategy for our product pipelines with a focus on reusability and scale
- Crafting smaller issues and code changes by collaborating with partners to reduce scope and focus on iteration
- Improving, managing, and guiding our standards for code maintainability and reusability in code reviews and submissions
- Independently contribute, maintain, and add features to shared libraries that multiple teams rely on
To give you a better sense of our current project work, we are building out a RESTful API to power our releases portal, utilizing our existing products internally to meet our engineering and security teams needs, and standardizing on packaging formats and delivery methods for our core products.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Embodies our principles and puts them into action in all aspects of their work
- At least five years of experience in software engineering
- Believes in writing phenomenal documentation as part of writing code
- Clearly communicates both verbally and in writing to enable async work across time zones
- Proactively works closely with other teams to discover problems, capture technical requirements, and explain technical intricacies
- Desires to continually keep up with advancements in Software Engineering practices
- Has extensive experience with developer tooling, including building scripts, tools, or services that are frequently used by internal teams
- Has experience using both compiled languages (Go, Rust, C++) and command languages (Bash)
- Has experience building reusable CI pipelines for packaged products, and CD pipelines for Cloud offerings
- Has a detailed understanding of infrastructure management concepts, ecosystems, and tooling (prior experience with HashiCorp products is a huge plus!)
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Learn about our company, products, and team.
- Have 1-1’s and pairing sessions with team members you’ll be working most closely with, and spend time getting to know your peers across the engineering org.
- Find opportunities for improvements within our existing CI/CD pipelines, and in our existing tools.
- Dive into the things we’ve built, and learn more about Go and Bash along the way.
- Complete your first ticket by committing changes and helping perform code reviews.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Spend time learning about and experimenting with new tools.
- Gain an understanding of the shared struggles and common-pitfalls within engineering, and work to alleviate those with better automation, tooling, and documentation.
- Begin working on your first project within a group, ship the MVP, celebrate your success, and iterate based on feedback.
- Review and comment on project proposals from other team members.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Extensively contribute to tools and services which will enable self-service developer workflows and reduce toil.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams in an advisory fashion.
- Write and share a project proposal with the team.
- Lead a group project, and co-present in one of our engineering weeklies to share knowledge with others.
Please note we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to the Sr. Software Engineer – Cloud Services role in particular.
We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether to apply, please apply anyway. We would love to hear from you.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please complete this form (link will be here) if you require a reasonable accommodation for the interview process. This information will be sent directly to the Benefits team, who will reach out to you with next steps.
The salary range for this role is $147,000.00 – $178,500.00. All HashiCorp employees based in Colorado are eligible for benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, retirement, paid time off, and parental leave. Furthermore, employees may also be eligible for equity and bonus depending on the role and individual performance.