At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We’re building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach: rather than focusing on specific technologies, we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
We built Terraform, the open source industry standard in the Infrastructure-as-Code movement, and it’s changing how organizations from startups to the enterprise provision infrastructure. Terraform Cloud is our SaaS platform built on top of Terraform that has seen tremendous adoption with strong growth forecasted. This is an opportunity to have an impact not just on the productivity and lives of developers, but on improving an industry as a whole.
We operate autonomously in a highly collaborative, remote-first environment. Anchored by reflection and humility, we’re steadily improving our processes and technical practices that include continuous deployment and use of feature flags. With the support of your teammates and manager, you’ll grow your skills to reach the next level in your career.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate remotely with your fellow engineers, product and design, to inclusively understand problems and define solutions that deliver excellent user experiences.
- Build, iterate on, and ship features to make working with Terraform a phenomenal experience for HashiCorp customers and users
- Contribute to various parts of our product, which consists of a Ruby on Rails backend, an Ember.js frontend, and distributed Go services
- Maintain a reliable production application for our customers while working alongside infrastructure engineering
- Participate in cross-team working groups while deepening your knowledge as subject matter expert
- Grow with and empower yourself and your peers through pairing, code reviews, and supportive feedback.
You’re a great addition if you:
- Have 3+ years of production experience working on any of the following:
- Backend applications (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Node)
- Frontend applications (e.g., Ember.js, React)
- Services written in Go
- Have the desire to collaborate. Being empowered and empowering others through inclusive discussions, pairing, code reviews and supportive feedback.
- Have an eagerness to learn through humility. Embracing the autonomy afforded to you while engaging the support of your peers when you hit your own limits.
- Are empathetic and kind. In a remote-first environment, well articulated communication underpins everything we do, of which empathy and kindness are the foundation. A well written cover letter for your application is a great place to start the first step.
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are uncertain about applying, we encourage you to please do. We’d love to hear from you!
We operate according to a strong set of company principles described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We’ve had a remote-first culture from the beginning. Our entire company, processes, and tools have been designed around this to ensure everyone is able to be successful from wherever they work. Learn more about how we work together.
We are dedicated to supporting the needs of our employees and their families in a way that is inclusive of all family structures. We’ve an extensive and generous list of benefits (which vary by country) to cover things such as parental leave, mental health days and assistance, medical insurance, and more.
Here’s some testimonials from members of Terraform Cloud Billing & Identity team about why they love working at HashiCorp:
- I enjoy working at HashiCorp because I get to solve complex problems with highly collaborative and kind folks! Even though we are a remote company, I feel like I am part of a community where I can be my authentic self and connect with others.
- I love working for the Terraform Cloud Billing & Identity team at HashiCorp! It is exciting to constantly see our initiatives for integration of HashiCorp billing and identity features across platforms referenced as part of the company’s success in All-Hands meetings. This role encourages you to dive into the nuances of authentication and billing features to constantly iterate on making them better. We are a new team here at HashiCorp, and my coworkers are empathetic, collaborative, and encouraging of us all learning/improving together!
- Hashi is the perfect place for those motivated to work on complex technical challenges with brilliant human beings. Kudos to the collaborative culture the company learned from open-source, ensuring that the voice from each engineer matters to achieve the best possible result and learn along the way.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.