Timescale is looking for a senior-level (and up) Technical Product Manager with a track record of success shipping SaaS products and data infrastructure.
- Excited by the promise of combining databases with the unlimited scalability of cloud object storage? Structured data lake meets relational databases?
- Have a vision for the future of cloud data analytics?
- Are you passionate about helping developers build the next generation of cloud applications?
- Feel at home working with both highly technical engineers and product designers?
This is a unique opportunity to help us build the future of our database cloud, combining TimescaleDB with the unlimited scalability of cloud-native storage. You will have significant strategic and tactical responsibilities for defining, planning, and launching a new major product for Timescale Cloud, everywhere from product design, to technical architecture, to roadmap definition and prioritization, to product positioning and pricing.
If you have experience in technical product management and want to have a direct and immediate impact on a fast growing startup serving developers worldwide, then this is the role for you.
For the right candidate, principal product manager levels and responsibilities for this role are a possibility, as well as future opportunities to manage PMs as we build out the product offering.
Timescale is a fully-remote company with team members around the world, and English language fluency is a requirement. To better coordinate with their teams, the preferred candidate for this role will have working hours in the North/South American time zones.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their problems, the competitive landscape, and market trends.
- Craft a quarterly and annual product strategy and roadmap in concert with other product managers, customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams. Create differentiation for Timescale Cloud.
- Perform product discovery, gather and document requirements and feedback from customers, community users, and internal stakeholders, and find innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Help our product designers build beautiful, intuitive data product experiences.
- Design powerful APIs (SQL, REST, GraphQL) as programmatic platform interfaces.
- Own execution and delivery of new product features end-to-end.
- Measure adoption of the product, collect customer feedback regularly, and adjust plans as needed. Use data to support your decisions.
- Work with go-to-market teams on messaging, positioning, pricing, and launch activities.
- Help support customer engagements and take part in sales enablement activities within the company.
- Serve as the connective tissue between engineering, design, marketing, customer care, and other stakeholders, proactively communicating product questions and decisions.
- 5+ years of proven track record in product management, with at least 3+ years of experience on complex technical products/platforms.
- Strong understanding of cloud-native infrastructure architectures. Experience with databases or other technical products with high scale, high performance needs.
- Comfortable engaging and working in the open with developer communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to explain complex technical design in 20 seconds or 20 minutes, depending on the audience and goals.
- Ability to combine data-driven approaches with strong user empathy to figure out what/when/why to ship – we’re building a platform for millions of users and there’s lots to do!
- Excited by ambiguous and vague problem definitions and ability to refine them to an actionable plan.
- Strong sense of ownership and problem-solving skills – Timescale is moving fast and so should you. Trying things, making mistakes, and quickly improving is in our DNA.
- Computer Science or technical degree much preferred, or prior technical development experience.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a fully remote company with a global🌎 workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🌱, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Fridays off in August 😎
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development and educational benefits 📚
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)