Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for a SRE Team Lead to help us lead, mentor, and grow one of our high-performing SRE teams who are responsible for the design, build and operation of Lightspeed’s retail product infrastructure. We collaborate with teams across the company to make this happen: product managers, developers, QA, architects, IT, Data team!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices in a multi-location, multidisciplinary team to empower and accelerate product development
- Use automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Design and architect operational solutions with the specific goal of increasing the standardisation, automation, repeatability, cost-efficiency and consistency of operational tasks
- Working with developers and other SRE to design and build scalable, reliable and cost-efficient Cloud infrastructure
- Adhere to and advocate for best practices, including Infrastructure as Code, monitoring, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and DevOps methodologies
- Provide timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (You will be on call for periods of time)
What you’ll bring to the team
- Exceptional knowledge of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes & Linux Systems
- Experience with Infrastructure as code practices: we use Terraform
- Good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices, software engineering tools, processes, methods and testing
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and stay focused
- Good experience provisioning and managing infrastructures with high availability constraints
- Quality and reusability oriented focus
Who you are
- You are a problem solvers who does not shy away from tackling complexity and critical thinking
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of your comfort zone
- You have great energy and passion for technology
- You are able to express yourself flawlessly in English
- You have strong interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- All of our work is business driven
- Our developers work on Macbook Pros
- Our code is stored in Github and we make extensive use of pull requests in order to review each other’s work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Health and wellness benefit of £400 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed’s one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.