Who We Are: WellSaid Labs
We’re creating Voice for everyone.
At WellSaid Labs, we enable creatives around the globe by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease. Creative teams use WellSaid Lab’s Voice Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We believe deeply in AI for Good, and that technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people
Who You Are: A collaborative, team-oriented Staff Accountant
WellSaid Labs is looking to hire a Staff Accountant to implement best practices in general accounting tasks and to help improve the efficiencies and accuracy of the month-end accounting close. You will fill a key role in managing balance sheet account reconciliations and supporting key accounting activities in managing customer and vendor relations. This includes customer communications related to invoicing and collections, processing accounts payable workflows, and supporting the Controller in assigned month end accounting activities. The role will involve participation in cross-functional business projects and will require strong Excel abilities as well as effective communication skills, understanding of financial systems, and knowledge of GAAP.
How You’ll Contribute:
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Support customer invoicing activities to include collaborating with Sales Team members on deal issues, managing AR Aging, cash application, collections activities, and providing assigned reporting metrics.
- Manage customer disputes in Stripe and collaborate with the Customer Support Team as necessary.
- Manage vendor payment workflows and systems, ensuring controls are properly maintained and providing assigned reporting. This includes all vendor communications on contract and invoicing issues.
- Manage employee expense reimbursement, ensuring controls are properly maintained and providing assigned reporting. This includes all employee communications on policies and related issues.
- Manage US State compliance matters to support payroll and sales activities.
- Support the monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close processes, including balance sheet and bank account reconciliations.
- Evaluate processes and improve workflow efficiencies for increased scalability.
- Provide reporting and analytics of assigned areas, as well as monthly and quarterly financial reporting.
- Documentation and File maintenance for Vendors and Customers
- Ad Hoc projects as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
To thrive in this role, you ideally have experience working in a similar accounting environment for at least 5 years, and supported financial controls audits. You have excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to take ownership of projects and deadlines and hold others accountable to deadlines and deliverables. You are a team player willing to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and be ‘hands-on’, self-motivated, proactive, and organized.
You also have some combination of the following:
- Working knowledge of U.S. generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as a general understanding of US Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- At least 5 years experience with balance sheet and bank account account reconciliations
- At least 3 years of experience with administration support for payroll, credit card programs, and accounts payable.
- At least 5 years of experience with customer billing and collections.
- Experience with month end accounting close responsibilities.
- A demonstrated history of exceptional organizational analytical skills, successfully applying these skills to solve problems.
- Advanced skills with spreadsheet applications such as Excel and Google Sheets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work well both independently and in a team environment. [Note that this is primarily a remote role]
- Ability to prioritize business needs, adapt to rapid business changes and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency working with Quickbooks Online or other financial systems and automated reporting tools.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
To join our team you also:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
What We Offer
WSL is proud to support an inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth. Our team is fully distributed throughout the U.S., and we support flexible schedules – work where and when you work best. You’ll have teammates just a Slack message or video call away if you ever need help solving an exciting challenge, or even if you just have a funny story to tell.
As a startup, we strive to be externally competitive with companies at a similar size and stage, and internally fair in our pay practices. The hiring salary range for this role is $75,000 – $90,000 and represents the target offer range given the scope and experience expectations for this role.
Other perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What to Expect From Us
We strongly encourage you to apply! If we feel your skills, experience, and values match, we’ll reach out about meeting with the team.
During the interview stage, you can expect:
- An intro screen with our recruiting team (30 minutes).
- An initial “phone” screen with the hiring manager (45 minutes); if there’s a match we’ll schedule an interview loop with the team.
- An Interview loop with 3-4 interviews (1 hour each) with the team members you will be potentially working with
All interviews will be remote via Google Meets; we are happy to make accommodations you might need to feel set up for success in our process.