Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
When you join Brightline, you’re joining a team that has an unstoppable drive to change the lives of families across the country. We’re a team of thoughtful problem-solvers, expert and kind clinicians, and experienced operators and technologists. Above all, we’re committed to helping each other succeed, learn, and grow—all while bringing care to families when, where, and how they need it.
No matter what you’re looking for in your next role, we’re pretty confident that you’ll #FindItAtBrightline.
About the Role
As the founding Android Developer at Brightline, here’s what your day-to-day activities might look like:
- Greenfield development on new native Android apps using Kotlin, Coroutines, and Jetpack Compose
- Collaborate on projects end-to-end – from scoping features with product and design to shipping a finished feature into production
- Have a mix of heads-down and pairing time, depending on the project and your energy levels
- Curate a great codebase through architecture discussions, automated testing and code review
- Bring a new perspective that helps our team continue to grow and improve
And here are the kinds of projects you might work on in your first few months:
- Build Android app from 0→1 based on existing designs and iOS app
- Build a shared analytics library to enable analytics consistency between apps
- Integrate with Iterable to enable a holistic notification strategy across email, SMS, web and push notifications
- Demonstrable proficiency with Kotlin, Coroutines, and Jetpack Compose
- A strong understanding of Kotlin Flows or some other reactive stream framework
- Experience configuring and maintaining the CI/CD pipeline for an Android app
- Experience with analytics, performance monitoring, and crash logging
- Well-founded opinions regarding design patterns, experience with MVVM a plus
- Understanding of Accessibility and I18n/L10n features provided by Android
- The desire to be a champion for unit testing and code quality
- The ability to be a thought leader for Android, but also a collaborator with the iOS team who strives for commonality between the apps where appropriate
- An eagerness to work with the Product and Design team to help define requirements
- A positive attitude and the willingness to offer and receive honest, compassionate feedback
- A willingness to help guide more junior members of the Android team via code reviews, pairing, and documentation
- Experience working with Rails
- Experience writing API endpoints
Benefits + Perks
- Remote first and focused on community—we have Bright Spots with employees across the country + generous work-from-home stipend
- Competitive compensation & benefits packages because we know the work you do is hard and we recognize how valuable you are, including an unlimited PTO policy + 14 paid holidays, Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, and stock options
- Collaborate with diverse members across teams with weekly group learning opportunities and team breakfasts (and offsite retreats in the future!)
- Dedicated time for your health and wellness, including group workouts and meditations hosted by Brightline employees
- With your help, we’ll build diverse & equitable programs and experiences
At Brightline we have built a total rewards philosophy that includes fair, equitable, competitive, geo-based compensation that is performance and potential based. Our strategy is based on robust market research, including external advisory specializing in national compensation, and thoughtful input from every level of our organization. It is a combination of a cash salary, equity, benefits, wellbeing, and opportunity. In compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual salary range for Colorado based applicants is $145,000 -$167,000.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Brightline we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
At Brightline, we believe that collaborative, diverse, and empathetic tech & product teams can create transformational products to change the lives of families across the country. In a conscious effort to create a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and the families we serve, we celebrate our individual differences and walks of life. Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.