We are looking for people based in: UK, Ireland, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, Spain, east coast USA
We’re building a world-class developer relations team at Xata to bring our powerful product to the masses. The product aims to be the go-to serverless database for the web that offers automatic scaling, branches at the database level, zero-downtime migrations, ACID transactions, a built-in search engine, analytics, and more.
How We Work
- We’re meeting-light and asynchronous by default.
- We encourage everyone to take initiative and lead by example.
- We use our product at every opportunity.
- We are community-driven and deeply care about the success of our users and customers.
- We all work remotely, usually from home, and we meet in person a couple of times per year in a nice location. We have employees in Germany, Spain, Belgium, the US, Sweden, UK, Hungary.
Having founders with management experience from Elastic, Xata is well-financed by amazing investors, including Guillermo Rauch (founder of Vercel), Shay Banon (co-founder and CEO of Elastic), Neha Narkhede (founder of Confluent), Elad Gil, Christian Bach, and Mathias Biilmann (founders of Netlify), and many others.
We care about work-life balance
Even though we are a small team and an early-stage startup, we are well-financed and with a very long runaway. This allows us to think long-term, both in terms of strategy and building a healthy company culture. We know building a lasting company is a marathon, not a sprint.
We don’t track hours and we don’t count PRs. We evaluate productivity and quality over a 3-4 months period. All roles come with 30 days of paid vacation.
We care about diversity in tech
If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, if you’re a woman or a person of color, we strongly encourage you to apply. We are challenging ourselves to build a healthy culture that allows us to build innovative and successful products.
Our founder, Monica Sarbu, founded a non-profit organization called Tupu that helps tech companies support diversity in tech through mentorship.
In this role, you will:
- Create, curate, and maintain a repository of sample web applications using Xata
- Build and maintain integrations and migrators to help users get their data from other platforms (AirTable, Notion, Postgres, etc.) into Xata
- Write and review technical blog posts
- Actively refine, discuss, and work on the developer experience of Xata open source tools (SDK et al)
- Uses regularly and help QA and maintain the OpenAPI spec and the API reference on the docs site
- Produce and perform high-quality content such as conference talks, blog posts, and online videos
- Excellent communication skills in English, both nonverbal and verbal; verbal including oral and written
- Experience with web development, preferably in the Jamstack space
- A body of work displaying content you’ve created, including conference talks, blog posts, and online videos
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a similar previous role
- Strong eye for UI design and TypeScript experience
- Strong understanding of systems design and databases at scale
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Friendly and diverse work environment
- Flexible schedule, work from anywhere you are productive
- Budget for laptop + monitor
- Co-working space stipend
- 30 vacation days
- 2 months full paid parental leave
About our investors
We raised Series A from top investors (Index Ventures and Redpoint), having the first ever 100% female board for such a technical company.
We are proud to have in the board:
We are featured in
- Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrickcai/2022/03/08/database-startup-xata-all-women-board-30-million-series-a/?sh=50692a2d35ba and
- Nasdaq: https://twitter.com/xatabase/status/1501319454373736454?s=20&t=pGIEf8o8RDi_MiU9AZc5Sw
We’re eager to hear from you and if you decide to apply, we’re rooting for you!