Engineers at Fonoa are given problems to solve, not features to build.
As a Staff Engineer you will play a critical role in looking at ways that can continuously improve our systems design to support us as we scale. You will develop customer focused products in a culture which champions cross functional teams and ownership.
In this role you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to influence and drive best practices and technical excellence within the wider business.
To be successful in this role you should have experience leading projects in a fast paced start environment, with a proven track record of taking ownership from start to finish over the technical roadmap.
What this role looks like:
- Continuously improve on our systems design to support new scale and new use cases
- Be the technical decision maker about everything architecture and technology related
- Build agnostic technology interfaces that will enable faster product development and less dependencies
- Ensure best practices, innovation and progressive ways into everyday product development processes
- Run code reviews, offer peer to peer support and write code
- Participate in technical interviews as a Fonoa hiring team member
- Be a subject matter expert of our technology, architecture, systems
- Relevant experience as a Technical Lead / Staff Engineer in a technology led organisation
- Have a track record in working with large scale distributed systems
- Taken a key role in championing well designed architecture, code quality, scalability, performance and intuitive API’s
- You have an accomplished career as a software engineer and look at technology languages as tools to solve problems
- Previously worked in tech-first culture / product / company
- You’re excited about the products you build, the users / customer you serve, have a measured approach to delivering high quality engineering
- Conviction and a builder’s mindset
- Package: A very competitive base salary
- Equity: A lucrative equity offer to ensure this grows as the business grows over time
- Fully Remote: We are a global and distributed team cross Europe. You chose the city and ideal spot
- Holidays: 25 days of annual leave, plus any local bank holidays based on your location
- Equipment: High-quality gear and budget to purchase office equipment for your ideal setup
- Learning: Whatever courses, certificates and skills you have in mind, we will support you throughout your journey whilst at Fonoa
- Fonoa Fridays: Lunch is on us twice a month 🙂
- Company Off-site: An annual, expenses paid global meetup of the Fonoa team somewhere fun in the world (post-Covid)
- High growth: An opportunity to really accelerate your career, working with a truly global team, experienced founders, and strong VC backing.
Remote but has to be between UTC-1 and UTC+3. Please don’t apply if you can’t fit your long-term schedule during those working hours. However, we will soon be expanding our preferred time zones, so stay tuned!
We only accept applications from individuals. We are not looking for outsourcing agencies. Any request or application from companies will not be processed.
At Fonoa, we automate taxes for marketplaces, digital content platforms, ride-sharing, delivery, SaaS, and e-commerce globally.
If you want to launch a business today, there are plenty of products out there to help you get going – from Stripe for payments to Twilio for customer engagement.
How come figuring out taxes is so hard? Why isn’t there an easy way to implement a solution to handle all your taxes on products and services sold worldwide?
We help clients reduce the cost of operations and manual workload when selling internationally.
Our product suite enables users to automatically assign tax rates to each online transaction, create locally compliant receipts & invoices, and report them to tax authorities.
We are an API-first company and our product suite runs seamlessly with minimum manual work required from the user.
Our mission is to automate repetitive and fragmented manual tasks conducted by finance teams and developers via an easy to use API.
Our clients range from world-leading marketplaces, e-commerce, delivery to household-name mobility companies.
We are a remote-first team working across +10 countries. We focus on building best in class products based on observed customer needs and previous industry experience.
Our team has an excellent track record of solving challenging problems at companies such as Uber, Amazon, Grab, Hopin, Farfetch, McKinsey, Trivago, Rocket Internet, and EY.
We are expanding our global presence and looking for many new team members to join us!
- Fonoa is a fully remote company and team members working across 9 different countries in a fully-distributed way
- Flexible hours, set your own schedule that fits you
- Best ideas win, no matter who expresses them
- Builder’s first mindset. We give everyone a lot of autonomy to think of and deliver on their ideas
- We move fast and enable small teams to ideate, prototype, test, and iterate quickly
- Flat structure, excited team members, great incentives, no corporate BS
- We value writing, mental clarity, and neat digital organization skills
- We nurture asynchronous communication enabling everyone in the team to organize their work however they see fit