Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product, design, and business teams to clearly understand requirements and turn them into technical design
- Present designs to the technology team with clear breakdowns of tasks and deliverables
- Lead with engineering best practices and make decisions based on definable metrics
- Define the architecture for systems with a clear vision for both short- and long-term business needs
- Promote a culture of quality, accountability, autonomy, and open communication across teams
- Coach and mentor junior developers and take responsibility for meeting deadlines for your team’s deliverables
- Lay the foundation of our brokerage platform that processes billions of dollars in investments and transactions annually
- Uphold strong levels of integrity for accuracy, data quality, and uptime — we are dealing with real people’s money, and we take that seriously
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience building high-quality, secure presentation layers for serving real-time data-intensive applications
- Hands-on experience in building applications and services using React/Redux, Node.js
- Strong experience in implementing complex UIs that leverage RESTful JSON and GraphQL APIs
- A strong sense of ownership in the products and services that you build
- Ability to make choices between build, buy vs leveraging open source technologies for solving product/business problems
- Expert in designing modular UI components on the front end using an atomic design structure
- Deep knowledge of multiple browser engine rendering architecture
- High attention towards performance optimizations, system scalability, availability and site stability
- Opinion on responsive design techniques, progressive enhancement, and experience driving these techniques in a large team
- High attention to detail in maintaining design integrity throughout the Agile/Kanban development lifecycle
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills for interacting persuasively with product/design/business stakeholders
- Proven experience solving complex business problems in a scalable manner
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.