Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
The Staff QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for designing automated tests to validate the functionality of web applications. They will also be responsible for analyzing the functionality of the application, reviewing requirements, creating test plans and detailed test cases. The engineer will work with developers and product managers to understand requirements and use cases. The engineer should have programming skills, a keen eye for detail and ability to wear multiple hats.
What you’ll do:
- Complete automation suite for regression testing and functional test suite
- Reduction of Bug leakage
- Partner with engineering and product management to ensure quality delivery of every feature being developed
- Mentor junior team members and be a role model.
- Enhance the automation framework to enhance the scalability
- Identify and develop design patterns and practices within the quality assurance team
- Building Mock services/alternate testing techniques to increase test coverage
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience in building front and back end automation framework
- Ability to wear multiple hats to help us achieve our goals
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and test-driven development
- Understanding of databases, SQL, and application servers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Java is a must
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.