Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
We’re looking for a Staff React Native Engineer to help deliver high quality software on our mobile platform. In this role, you’ll work with the team to advance the quality of the system and implement best practices as it relates to React Native. You’ll provide mentorship to other engineers, as well as work cross functionally with several teams to understand the infrastructure that supports mobile outside of the mobile team.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the creation of new features and applications for Financial Advisors
- Help define and solve dependency problems
- Be a mentor to team members and encourage sharing of knowledge through PR’s, build guilds, and training meetings
- Own the deployment process
- Work cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, and designers in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Keeping Error Rates low and ensuring we have High Uptime for all of our systems
- Instrument the app for product and technical insight
- Build mobile ci/cd pipelines with bitrise
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience with React Native
- Experience with Xcode and Android Studio
- Experience with GraphQL using Node.js
- Built secure apps by integrating with backend RESTful services
- Developed and implemented responsive designs into your apps
- Built and deployed apps to the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store
- Experience with Codepush and push notifications
- Familiarity with Application Monitoring tools like New Relic/Datadog/Sentry
- Experience building beautiful sleek charts and graphs for visualizing financial data to the end user on a smaller screen
- Experience in fintech or with financial advising
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.