- Strive for quality and efficiency in all phases of the development lifecycle both for yourself and others.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, QA, and Frontend Engineers to build solutions which drive the value of our product forward.
- Advocate and deliver on architectural advancements which unlock new opportunities for the engineering team and the overall product.
- Develop and maintain internal software tools.
- Writing low-level and high-level code.
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Identifying bottlenecks and improving software efficiency.
- Mentor and support engineers in order to level the team up as a whole.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science.
- 10+ years experience with monoliths and microservices.
- Previous experience as a full stack engineer.
- Proficient in back-end languages and technologies including NodeJS, Python, PHP, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Message Queue Services.
- Understands the nuances of RESTful API design and values an API-first mindset.
- Involvement with scaling a product and knows the challenges that brings.
- Experience with eventing/messaging in a distributed system.
- Utilized SQL and NoSQL technologies and understands the proper application of both.
- Proven track record of evaluating and executing on deep architectural decisions.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly communicate on complex technical challenges and be able to propose solutions.
Culture: Our company culture was built around a tireless pursuit to be the best at what we do. We’re entrepreneurial and focused: tackling problems head-on without ego. We communicate with empathy. We speak directly, listen thoughtfully, and ask questions.
Location: We previously worked out of a cozy warehouse in Brooklyn, but are currently distributed around the globe. This is a remote role.
Benefits: Air contributes 90% to medical, dental, and vision insurance and 75% to dependent coverage. Employees also have life insurance, disability insurance, and membership to One Medical. We offer a generous work from home stipend, professional development reimbursement, and unlimited vacation days. Although we are still early stage, we are always seeking ways to invest in the wellness and continued education of our employees