Staff Software Engineer, Backend, Help Desk Product Group
We’re seeking a Staff level Software Engineer to join a team working on a high-impact mission within the Help Desk Product Group at HubSpot. Help Desk is dedicated to providing a top of the line experience for customer service agents. We are working to provide better automation, extensions, and tools to allow agents to help their customers and to allow admins to better support their teams. Agents will also be able to better work with others across their team by taking advantage of HubSpot’s powerful CRM.
This engineer will join the Help Desk Admin BE Team. This team owns the core configuration of our system and we are looking to focus on our data model and insights to give admins better information to make choices about their system, agents, and customers.
As a Staff Engineer on a Help Desk team at HubSpot, you’ll do many things— and you likely already have experience doing some of them in the past. We are looking for people who:
- Have a long track record of experience delivering high-value, high-impact, cross-team projects. Staff Engineers are one of the most senior individual contributors at HubSpot; they are leaders that continually strive to raise the bar for the engineering organization as a whole, and are expected to help drive the product vision forward via strong collaboration skills and hands-on coding.
- Have a thirst for technical challenges implemented within secure, compliant systems. We leverage technologies such as Java, HBase, Vitess, Kafka, GraphQL and Dropwizard. We’re not necessarily looking for someone who is an expert in a specific technology, but someone who is well-versed in engineering principles and eager to leverage them when running toward the problems that we face.
- Wish to stay hands-on in all technical aspects while leading by example through collaborations with cross-functional and internal stakeholders.
- Have a history of developing solutions to problems that have had an outsized impact on a large organization’s business goals.
- Provide strategic direction for major projects.
- Regularly mentor and teach engineers in their areas of expertise.
- Demonstrate pragmatic decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Exhibit an enthusiasm for building reliable, scalable systems.
- Can guide teams beyond the status quo; we need engineers who lead us beyond what we have, and towards what we can build, while building a shared notion of how to get there.
- Some familiarity with customer service solutions is not a requirement, but would be advantageous for any individual getting up to speed in this role.
- Embodies our engineering team values
If you need accommodations or assistance due to a disability, please reach out to us using this form. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.