About the Team:
Our segmentation platform is used by practically every Hubspot customer and powers many of our critical products including Lists and Workflows. This distributed system maintains near-real-time segments of users based on event data. The platform operates at a scale of millions of transactions per second.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Staff Technical Lead to lead our Segmentation platform. This person will be responsible for a core mission-critical platform at Hubspot – a massive scale distributed segmentation system. This person will be hands-on and close to the code while also managing a couple of small engineering teams. The Staff TL provides technical, team and product leadership to their teams.
We are looking for folks who are excited about solving complex technical and architectural problems, working on distributed systems at a massive scale, and providing strong leadership to their teams and the company.
Key Expectations for Staff Technical Lead:
- Staff Technical Lead’s are actively involved as a player-coach in building software and making products to solve customer problems. They are curious and involved in the technology as well as the people on their teams.
- They have a strong technical vision for how to implement a product and platform vision. This can include working with teams they oversee and external teams to ensure that we are solving problems the best way for customers.
- They think about and implement ideas to push teams to improve technically.
- They work effectively across Product Managers and Technical Leads to cultivate a strong vision for their teams, and are responsible for the mission, direction, and alignment.
- They are responsible for the Engineers and Leads on their team and provide mentoring, coaching, and feedback.
- They hold a high performance bar for their team.
- People look to them and trust their product and technical leadership.
- They create and foster diverse teams and an inclusive culture.
We’re looking for:
- A strong engineer with experience leading small teams
- A thirst for technical challenges in distributed systems
- A customer-centric attitude and develop opinions about the Hubspot product
- An understanding of building reliable systems in a complex architectural space
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as the ‘perfect’ candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.