The world is exploding with data. Companies are managing more personal and financial data than ever before while struggling to comply with increasing regulations. They waste precious time by trying to manage compliance with tools, like excel and email, that don’t fit the problem causing enormous risks in fines, lowered stock price, and compromised reputation. There needs to be a better way!
Hyperproof is disrupting the governance, risk and compliance software space. We are a team with strong experience building cloud software and a passion for a great user experience, simplicity, and positive social impact. We have raised $11m in capital, added hundreds of amazing customers since our launch in January 2020; including Motorola, Outreach, 3M, Highspot, Sophos, and more.
It is an exciting time to be at Hyperproof. We are a great team with a mission and values we all believe in. Join us on our high growth journey and help organizations build trust through proof!
Hyperproof is searching for a Strategic Account Manager with the potential to become leader of this area as we scale. The Strategic Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers. Assigned to named customers, the Strategic Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The Strategic Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. The Strategic Account Manager reports to the Chief Revenue Officer of Hyperproof.
You have a passion for winning growing business via our strategic customers and making an impact as an early member of a high-growth startup. You inspire others around you, work well across departments and collaborate with team members of varied experience.
In addition, you thrive in ambiguous situations and can construct a logical path forward without material oversight. You’re a constant learner, you’re curious and creative, and you enjoy problem solving, whether that is tactics to increase deal velocity or ways to challenge clients to help them achieve their business goals.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Perform deep discovery to learn business goals, identify process gaps, and uncover challenges that may unlock value to your clients.
- Synthesize findings into clear, concise value propositions for executives to easily understand the ROI and time-to-value of implementing our solutions.
- Demonstrate verbally, in writing and through live product demos, how customers can capture value and envision their future with Hyperproof’s technologies.
- Exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals, and provide accurate forecasts for each respective period by clearly quantifying opportunity size and likelihood in Salesforce.
- Build and manage joint action plans so you, your clients, and Hyperproof’s leadership team is well aligned on mutual outcome, expected deliverables and timelines.
- Experience – 4+ years of consistently exceeding annual sales quotas in the Commercial or Enterprise market segments, preferably selling into B2B SaaS organizations.
- Customer obsession – history of going above and beyond expectations, building tight relationships with your customers and above all acting with integrity and transparency to represent Hyperproof.
- Executive presence – clear demonstration of business acumen, with a high degree of comfort presenting to and challenging C Suite executives. Every interaction with you is an exchange of value, an opportunity to learn and to share what you’ve learned.
- Passion – through a variety of sources you stay at the forefront of cloud technologies and always search for ways to improve, challenge the status quo and change the world.
- Quick Learner – you have a general knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain relevant information pertaining to cybersecurity threats, regulatory updates, evolving risks, emerging technologies and Hyperproof’s competitive landscape.
- Competitive – you’re a proven winner across domains and have the drive and energy to outwork and outmaneuver your competitors. You rarely lose, but when you do it motivates you to learn why and build strategies to avoid losing in the future.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills – someone who naturally takes charge of meetings and drives issues to closure. You command resources internally and externally, ensuring projects are successfully completed on time and they exceed expectations.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to build alignment and clarity across both technical and non-technical audiences, and during contract negotiations you can work with procurement and legal teams to understand and clearly convey contract terms.
- Winning as a team selling – enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed. Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management. Works closely with Customer Success to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- College Degree – four year college degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in governance, risk, compliance or cybersecurity industries.
- Advanced business degree (MBA) or compliance/infosec certification.
- Experience within a high-growth technology company.
- Familiarity with our tech stack: Salesforce, Outreach, G-Suite, Chorus, Highspot, Quala, Zoom
We Live Our Core Values Every Minute of Every Day
At Hyperproof we live our core values every minute of every day. We believe they are critical to our success today and tomorrow. Below are our core values. Read through them and if you see yourself in our values, let’s talk!
Always Authentic: We keep it real. We believe in constructive honesty in all facets of our work. Whether it is our customers, prospective customers, partners, or fellow Hyperproofers we state the facts versus telling people what they want to hear. Each of us are who we are regardless of the context. No playing politics and no BS. Just healthy, constructive, reality based discourse.
We Keep Our Promises: We make every effort to meet our commitments. If we’re unable to meet a commitment, we let others know right away. We consistently create methods to prioritize our work so we can meet our commitments. We commit ONLY when we intend to follow through, not as a tactic to move the discussion forward.
Customer Obsessed: We start with customer needs and work backwards. We seek to collect customer data (when it is available) before making decisions. We regularly and proactively seek customer feedback on designs, offers and other work products.
Measure and Adjust: We take every opportunity to define, publish and update metrics. We seek to measure and improve as we continue to invest in activities. We are willing to propose modifications when the data demands it.
Continuously Innovate: We seek to understand before we act. We challenge prevailing assumptions, and suggest better approaches. We embrace change. We often revisit previous trade offs and apply new innovations.
Make Decisions We Are Proud Of: We only make decisions we would be willing to share with our parents. We speak out when we see others making decisions that compromise our values. We act like everyone is watching even when they are not.
Simplify: Our code, written and verbal communication are pithy and focused. We research and iterate, thus doing “the hard work of being simple”. We revisit our previous work to simplify it as it grows. We simplify by staying focused and not over extending / under delivering.
Win As a Team: We prioritize succeeding as a team and an organization over optimizing for individual objectives. We provide timely feedback to others when feedback is solicited. We are intentional about fostering an inclusive work environment. We speak our mind respectfully so we can be heard by others. We demonstrate listener empathy so others feel safe sharing their honest feedback. As leaders, we don’t dictate. Instead, we empower our team to do their best work. We recognize others’ contributions in a timely manner.
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are a fully remote company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only find talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live.
-Unlimited PTO (and we actually take it)
-401k and match so you can start saving for the future immediately
-Medical and Vision insurance
-Quarterly Wellness benefit
-Company get togethers to meet your remote peers
-Remote stipend to make sure you are 100% equipped for the job ahead
Hyperproof is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hyperproof is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.