Customer Success (CS) is the heart of Guru’s sustained long-term success. At Guru, Customer Success is a high touch team working on our highest value accounts. As a Strategic Customer Success Manager you will work closely with some of the world’s best known companies to help them realize real business value from their investment in Guru.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to proactively engage our valued customers to drive broader adoption and achieve client happiness for off the chart retention rates.
This job is not only about how well you nurture our customers; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- Be the face of Guru and the primary relationship owner for your customers
- Have the ability to distill complex concepts into simplistic terms
- Build positive relationships with your customers as a trusted advisor and product specialist, delivering training and workshops for your clients
- Help your customers reach their desired business outcomes by working with them to track and measure important company metrics and Guru metrics to prove return on investment
- Build and support a comprehensive Account Success Plan in collaboration with the Sales team to ensure alignment
- Establish regular cadence with clients to stay on track of their key objectives and goals, including periodic onsite visits and biannual Executive Business Reviews
- Serve as the dedicated point of contact for strategy, product training, and non-technical support questions
- Drive increased adoption across multiple departments, partners, and use cases through continuous product education and advocacy
- Collaborate with clients and help build a technical game plans to seamlessly integrate Guru with their wider technology ecosystem (Drive, Zendesk, Kustomer, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc.)
- Be a thought leader for your customers, analyzing use-cases and recommending market/vertical standard methodologies to enhance internal and external knowledge management.
- Work with Guru’s Sales team to ensure successful renewals and identify new feature and/or cross-sell opportunities
- Work with technical colleagues at Guru to effectively triage customer requirements with technical and functional aptitude
- Solicit and synthesize customer product feedback to contribute to product design and development.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- You have a minimum of 1-2 years+ experience managing sophisticated enterprise accounts (Fortune 1000) across multiple senior client partners at a SaaS company (preferably a startup environment)
- You understand why Customer success is a key contributor to a customer’s happiness & success (CSAT/NPS scores)
- You are passionate about technology and are skilled at explaining technical problems clearly
- You have strong technical proven experience of two or more of the following: SaaS, Knowledge Management Systems, APIs, Learning Management Systems, Asset / Content Management Systems, Analytics or Programming (HTML etc).
- You are able to thoughtfully support customer issues under pressure
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow-up skills. Clients have the impression that you listen and understand
- You possess excellent organizational skills
- You have significant project management experience, and/or formal certifications (Agile, KCS, change management, etc.)
- Knowledge of CRM or PRM Systems, Customer Success, and/or Tech Support systems is preferred (Intercom, Zendesk, Kustomer, Salesforce, etc.)
- You’re a great teammate!
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that will be based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices, Remote will be considered as well. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.