At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’re expanding further into the financial services space by building new products that help our users manage the other aspects of their financial lives.
We’re hiring a Strategy & Business Operations Manager to help us drive our P&L on our new financial product forward while generating as much value as possible for our users. As one of the first members of the Strategy & Business Operations team, you will have a unique opportunity to build a product from the ground up and think strategically about growth.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn
What you’ll do:
- Develop the tools necessary to understand and improve our business performance, including daily and weekly performance summaries to help us monitor drivers of positive and negative performance.
- Build flexible financial models that enable us to track and understand unit economics, as well as forecast our revenues and costs going forward.
- Structure and execute on analyses that help us answer specific performance questions (e.g. what are the characteristics of particular customer segments, how should we structure our fees, etc.) and use these answers to help inform business strategy.
- Lead projects to improve business performance and drive forward individual product P&Ls, collaborating with other functions (Product, Design, Operations, Analytics) and external partners as necessary.
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, finance, or business operations at a technology company.
- 1-2 years experience with a debit card program, fintech, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability and comfort with financial modeling and Excel.
- Proven track record of building collaborative working relationships with internal & external partners, and collaborating with those partners to deliver business results.
- Scrappiness / ability to get things done while managing multiple initiatives and competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal & written communication.