Supervising Editor, Spanish Assessment
Our commitment to diversity: At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking an experienced, full-time Supervising Editorial Project Manager, Spanish Assessment who will contribute to the delivery of high-quality Spanish assessment products. The successful candidate will work with the Senior Director of Access & Equity, the Associate Director of Assessment, and other Supervising Editorial Project Managers in all areas of digital Spanish assessment development including transadaptation vendor management, editing Spanish items, reviewing for accuracy in transadaptation of the items, creating supporting materials (transadaptation guidelines, blueprints, checklists), constructing test forms, and assisting with psychometric data analyses.
- Ensure that the Spanish transadaptation process adheres to the guidelines set out in the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing as well as the International Test Commission Guidelines for Translating and Adapting Tests.
- Manage, train and evaluate vendors, consultants, and internal staff regarding assessment editorial Spanish transadaptation efforts.
- Create Ancillary Content in Spanish as warranted.
- Build internal capacity for transadaptation by reviewing bilingual applicants for open Assessment Editorial positions.
- Work collaboratively with the Assessment Editorial Leadership and other departments to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality translated assessments.
- Work collaboratively with Psychometrics and Research staff to ensure that the translated assessments are comparable to the assessments delivered in English.
- Work collaboratively with the instruction team to ensure coherence between instruction and assessment transadaptation practices.
- Work with the proposal team to prepare text in response to requirements that our assessments meet the needs delineated in Request for Proposals for Spanish translated forms.
- Develop and document Spanish Math and Reading Language Arts assessment transadaptation guidelines and checklists for vendors and internal staff to ensure adherence to best practices.
- Work collaboratively with directors, managers, coordinators, and other staff.
- Facilitate and participate in user research projects such as teacher item reviews student cognitive labs.
- Work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining agreed upon schedules and deliverables.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 – 7 years of Spanish Assessment editorial and project management experience
- Experience with managing Spanish transadaptation vendors including handling all communication, hosting weekly meetings, managing delivery schedules, and adjudicating differences in transadaptation
- Experience aligning content to the Common Core State Standards and familiarity with Common Core test consortia assessments
- Experience with transadaptation of assessment items into Spanish following industry best practices
- Experience with editing Spanish Math and Reading Language Arts assessment items, including items that are non-traditional and in technology-enhanced formats specifically for grades K-8
- Fluency in Spanish
- Knowledge of regional differences of Spanish
- Experience creating assessment items that adhere to the Universal Principles of Design
- Familiarity and comfort working with content management systems and online authoring tools
- Ability to learn and work in multiple assessment development environments/platforms
- A passion for innovation
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a team environment
- Open to feedback and review
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Education-related field required; Master’s degree in Education or a related assessment field preferred
- Teaching experience preferred