Developers in the Production Support department are responsible for ensuring their code meets client expectations prior to a release. Developers will work on tasks including bug fixes and change requests across a number of different solutions and technology stacks while identifying and mitigating risk when possible. Developers actively participate in the entire support development lifecycle over extended periods. Developers have excellent programming skills and provide high quality results to our clients. Developers in the Production Support department will also manage releases of code and features to clients’ solutions.
Why You Should Join
We strive to provide a sensible working environment that endorses healthy work hours, and we offer flexible remote work options. We have a progressive parental leave policy, offer paid volunteer days, and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
- Develop: Write code, configurations, and use tools necessary to implement owned areas of web applications. Produce quality code in all layers of web applications; including business logic and front end areas. Work closely with team members on production issues ensuring that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Risk Management: Raise risks internally related to account health, including tasks, timelines, etc. Execute on tasks outlined to mitigate risk and track progress through to completion.
- Communication: Provide frequent and clear updates to Project Managers. Communicate requirements, scheduling, and quality expectations to team. Participate in client communication as needed to provide technical insight and details.
- Documentation: Ensure all standard documentation is up to date and readily accessible. Ensure account specific documentation is kept up the date and added to as needed.
- Code Management: Use best practices with source control, frequent & verbose check-ins, commented and clean coding practices. Ensure development infrastructure is setup and configured according to Velir’s established best practices – including areas such as source control, continuous integration, and build scripts. Consistently execute deployment procedures in line with Velir’s established base practices.
- Testing: Provide adequate testing before delivering to QA. When applicable keep unit and integration tests up to date and add testing coverage over time. Communicate regularly with QA to ensure thorough and effective testing.
- Environments: Understand the roles of each environment (DEV, QA, UAT, STAGE, PROD) and leverage effectively. Recommend changes to environments as needed.
- Estimation and Planning: Participate in the creation and validation of development estimates for use in project planning.
- Process: Learn and adopt current Velir processes. Identify and communicate areas for improvement on the account level.
- Contribute: Be an active member of the Velir development community. Participate in and deliver internal presentations.
Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ownership of development tasks within assigned projects
- Ability to make day to day development decisions without assistance from senior developers
- Ability to debug and find problems within existing systems
- Strong command of Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Knowledge of application level design and development
- Ability to work on multiple accounts.
Education & Experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- .NET development experience using C#
- Possess full project life cycle experience
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Company Values
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We offer flexible work locations, competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Take the Long View – Ensure the company is built to last
- Be Courageous – Make the right decisions even when they aren’t the easiest decisions
- Be Genuine – Bring honesty and authenticity to all that you do
- Work with Focus + Passion – Display purpose and pride in your work and never stop learning
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT.